TK Disco 12"s

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
Lately I find that I continue to discover new and amazing stuff on this label that I never knew existed, particularly in the 12" department. For example, I just discovered that 2 cuts from Gwen MccRae's Melody of Life Lp came out on a TK 12"! And Milton Wright released a killer longer version of Ooh Ooh Ooh I Like It on a TK 12" too.I've got stuff like the T-Connection, Herman Kelly, Queen Samantha and Freedom recently. What's some other stuff along those lines that came out as 12"s on TK. And are there any TK 12" holy grails?

Comments

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts

One of my personal favs! Medium rare I think.. Absolutely beautiful! Maybe not quite the sound you're after though...

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Cool track, but a bit more electronic sounding than I usually like.

• Ones i rate (there will be other as ive not heard them all) all well known for good reason.

Betty Wright - Clean Up Woman (pic cover promo)
    Lew Kirton - Heaven In the Afternoon
    Milton Wright - Brothers and Sisters
    Herman Kelly and Life Dance To The Drummer's Beat

and if you like gayers

Universal Love - It's You Girl

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    And Milton Wright released a killer longer version of Ooh Ooh Ooh I Like It on a TK 12" too.

And the flip has that killer "Brothers & Sisters" tune, which I have played out many a disco night.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I caught this in a dollar bin last weekend. The tune's nothing special, but the "Music" track, as opposed to the original verison, has some pretty hard edits for 1977, I was kinda surprised. Pretty ahead of its time..

BOOTY

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    can you spot on the label whos has mixed the edit?

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
    partners
    paco & flaco
    peter brown w/ betty wright ...could be the most in demand/ seldom seen.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    can you spot on the label whos has mixed the edit?

Nope, theres no info besides whats in the scan on discogs.

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    I've been listening a lot to "A Refreshing Love" by Herman Kelly lately, dunno about a 12" release though. Great latin disco.

Is it a well-known tune?

• This one's kind of a motherfucker.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    I caught this in a dollar bin last weekend. The tune's nothing special, but the "Music" track, as opposed to the original verison, has some pretty hard edits for 1977, I was kinda surprised. Pretty ahead of its time..

BOOTY

wow!!!!

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts

all the Jimmy Bo Horne bangers...

http://www.discogs.com/label/T.K.+Disco

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I have the LP and it has a mini-track named "Colombian Snowstorm".

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts

Maybe not your cup of tea M*** but the dopeness of disco will eventually get you

Pretty complete list of Tk releases at the bottom of this page. interesting articles too on TK and its sub labels