weekend finds

13»

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    hahaha so right about the Kazoo LP being a college radio classique. When I showed that to the stoner rock show before me they flipped out on some Half Baked steez.

• minimini 879 Posts

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

yeah

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    what's that orqestra zodiac like?

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Found the unknown second 45 by the Psychedelic Aliens. Then I found their organ player and band manager. Now I have licensed 6 songs by them.

That newly discovered 45 is easily one of the top 10 most mindblowing records I've ever heard, worlwide and of any genre. They were using one of those teardrop shaped Vox organ guitars, a Vox organ, fuzz box, wah wah pedal loads of reverb on the vocals and all that in Ghana 1969-'72. One track is a perfect deepfunk/psych/garage/afrofunk crossover that really has to be heard to believed. Huge drum break too. Totally unreal and I'm not exaggerating here.

No, no mp3 this time, you'll have to go and buy the record!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Found the unknown second 45 by the Psychedelic Aliens. Then I found their organ player and band manager. Now I have licensed 6 songs by them.

That newly discovered 45 is easily one of the top 10 most mindblowing records I've ever heard, worlwide and of any genre. They were using one of those teardrop shaped Vox organ guitars, a Vox organ, fuzz box, wah wah pedal loads of reverb on the vocals and all that in Ghana 1969-'72. One track is a perfect deepfunk/psych/garage/afrofunk crossover that really has to be heard to believed. Huge drum break too. Totally unreal and I'm not exaggerating here.

ill be buying that in no time
    sounds amazing and coming from a credible source as yourself
    are you back in ghana?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Happy to finally have all the Lee Moses 45s now.

I was just looking at an old Craig Moerer catalog the other day. He was selling Lee Moses 45s for $10. Damn, I slept.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

are you back in ghana?
    I was, currently on a stop-over in Berlin...

Frank steps in at page 4 and sons us all. Can't wait to hear it!

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

nice work Frank. can't wait to hear this

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Frank steps in at page 4 and sons us all.

Oh, come on - what is the scoring, sourcing and licensing of an unheard
    one-of-a-kind African psychedelic funk masterpiece compared to a full page
    of discussion about a Dr. Demento record with kazoo versions of Led Zep songs?

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Went record shopping on the way to a blues show last night. Local store finally got the Death LP.

Then went to the concert & got Glen Campbell to sign my Juicy Lucy LP

He had some cool stories & seemed like a really nice dude. Still is incredible on the steel guitar as well. As an added bonus one of my partner's friends' husband was the drummer in the band & it turns out he was the drummer for legendary local NZ R&B band the La De Das back in 60s, how this had never come up in casual conversation before is beyond me. So now I have to dig out my La De Das records for him to sign too. Finally, they had Sister Jacqui Baldwin, a gospel singer from Chicago come up and do a mini set of awesome soul & gospel, apparently she is here for a couple of years doing some sort of mission work. All in all a great show.

• Deejay_OMDeejay_OM 695 Posts
    I shudder to think how many times I've probably seen that record and not given it a second glance.

b/w

OM in a weekend finds thread! what up?

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    [/img]

i should have known it was you! you beat my bid by a dollar

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    loving up "understanding latin rhythms": just percussion and bass

• coolchriscoolchris 301 Posts

Sounds too good. Cant wait to hear this.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    They were using one of those teardrop shaped Vox organ guitars, a Vox organ, fuzz box, wah wah pedal loads of reverb on the vocals

I'm sure they must have snuck in a little Kazoo for good measure...

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    thrifts, fleas, hpb's finds

very wierd to find the Bobby Cole at the same thrift I pulled a copy from a good 2 years ago

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

yeah

i have a couple extra sealed copies of this if anyone is fiending for kazoo

• beastie boys, john white, john coltrane, and jimmy mcgriff are doubles if anyone needs....

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    thrifts, fleas, hpb's finds

very wierd to find the Bobby Cole at the same thrift I pulled a copy from a good 2 years ago

Sell it, it brings the $

• Billy Larkin . . . so nice. Also some unpictured 12"s and more donald byrd. Props to all the sweet finds this week. I'm blown away by some of those records.

Hopefully y'all are posted up with goat cheese (humboldt fog lights), tapenade, Racer 5, and full volume.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    yeah i know i sold the last copy i had. might hold on to this one, it's not top shape

• Sell it, it brings the $

Don't you wear a T-shirt that says that?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    We could be Money Grip and Mangrailo.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

DUDE I AM f*cking CRYING TEARS OF LAUGHTER OVER HERE.

this is the best thing posted all year and last year as well