weekend finds

TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
flea market wasn't bad today. i acutally bought some records. Intruders was sealed(!)

Comments

• IFBIFB 29 Posts
    I haven't bought records for a while and surprised myself with the range of things I found on a recent visit to KL Malaysia.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    How is that version of "Let's Straighten It Out?"

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    I haven't bought records for a while and surprised myself with the range of things I found on a recent visit to KL Malaysia.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some great things here! Love that Prince Pato LP!

If you wouldn't mind sharing some spots with me could you send me a pm as Imight be in KL for a few days this summer, thanks!

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    finally pulled freakin animated egg, been sort of a white whale for me, looks ex too, pretty cool!

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts

and also, cheap finds related, i went strawberry picking and i must suggest that to any of you who are on the east coast where they are in season right now. they are so delicious and perfect, the real deal, very different than 'driscolls'. there is nothing like picking them right off of the stem and eating them right there. sunglasses, ganja and one or 2 good friends recommended. very fun.

if that is not the most beautiful thing in the world......

i have heaps of them, heaps!

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Went to a big backyard fleamarket yesterday. It was perfect, much better than a regular fleamarket. The day was hot and sunny and you walked around the whole neighbourhood entering so many candid backyards where nieghbours were selling their stuff, homemade cake and coffee. Very relaxing and much better than running from stand to stand like on a regular flea. In a few weeks our neighbourhood is doing the same and we will definitely selling on our own backyard. This was fun.

A few good records turned up too.

Most of the disco, oldschool rap, go-go and electro is from some kids selling their fathers records who came to germany as a GI and was DJing in Bavaria during the early eighties.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    few things at the flea this morning. got a few more latin LPs and some gospel. heres a couple of photos:

cool record with vocals, flute, and guitar. recorded in SF. anyone know anything about this record? its got 4 tracks.

garage track with a countryish flip. couldnt find any info on this either. anyone know a value or if anyone cares?

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

^^that hampton has got a nice disco groove going on

^^shinehead of the "billie jean" cover

^^a lot of this poast represents pulls from a SICK soul collection ive been granted
    access to. the records are mostly in played once/put away condition. i was shown 5
    boxes and it was nuts, everything was good so i had to be as selective as possible
    or run out of $. i was told theres 3x more of the same type of stuff to go thru still.

^^ (hoping the '76 dalton and dubari between these two shows up in the next batch)

^^ everything stone minty, i could barely keep the poker face on.

^^sealed deemo. test press of the johnny mayes. artificial flavour is an unreleased 80s synth dance thing that reminds me of good depeche mode or something like that. basically europop that has (had??) enough oomph to work in a club.

never knew about the 1st willie and red rubber band album before.

^^i know most dont care, but this is a mono satanic majesties, pretty stoked to find one.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    awesome finds

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    hey IFB, nice finds!

i lived in KL for 3 years and never had so much as a sniff of vinyl. mind you i didn't really search hard, but i can't begin to imagine where u found these. which neighbourhood?

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    spares of all 3 Marijata LPs, several Ebo Taylor LPs, 4th Dimension (monster new discovery), Freedom Family, Kusum Beat, 2 copies of Simigwa, the entire Vis-A-Vis LP catalogue as well as most their 45s and a whole shitload more that I already forgot about. Going to see my main man in Lagos tomorrow...

• IFBIFB 29 Posts

Also, his version of Party Down

*these were record from a portable through the mic-in on a shitty soundcard*

• IFBIFB 29 Posts
    Photobucket

In the neighborhood close to Paser Seni (Central Market). Ask to see the 3rd floor 'reading library'

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Not on a weekend thing..But I just got this a couple of hours ago at the spot

SUPER SIKED!!!!!

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

western wisco thrifts, last month or so. M&G in the mail.

i'm sure to get clowned, but i like tim brunner; naivete and all. any info?

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Thanks for this.

What was the average price on the stuff you got?

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

SUPER SIKED!!!!!

nice find! a little jelly

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    well i'll be damned. i worked in pasar seni! used to get the lrt train from bangsar. did u see the hotel 'massage parlour' guy trying to get the white matsallehs in to see his girls? petaling street - like nothing i've ever seen

• IFBIFB 29 Posts
    Thanks for this.

What was the average price on the stuff you got?

prices were between 6-23 Ringgit (1us$ = 3.5 ringgit), with most being 10.

Also, if you're looking for new CDs from underground Malaysian and Indonesian indy/noiserock/punk bands you should visit The Rice Cooker in the Central Market Annex. The staff are super knowledgeable and happy to make reccommendations and let you hear different bands.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts

i'm sooo gonna creep through, ninja style, and pull everything that comes through that door one day.

caught this at my local spot. just in time because i could use the scratch.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    any info on this beside it being out of CT? aka does this sell for anything??

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    it's out of richmond, CA. some say it's the first rap record out of richmond, some say it's the second. crazy shit is, that dude now lives in hawaii as a rep for hunid racks!

anyway, here's what popsike has to say about it.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    i love that Shocking Blue record. if any one wants a copy i got like 30 sealed. $10 a piece if any one digs it...

Is that Litter OG???????????????????????????(?)

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    sure is. and in ex shape to boot.

I'm surprised the rest of the records in that pic didn't burst into flames in it's presence!

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    it's out of richmond, CA. some say it's the first rap record out of richmond, some say it's the second. crazy shit is, that dude now lives in hawaii as a rep for hunid racks!

Damn Rodney that is pretty nuts, never ever seen that one.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

Damn Rodney that is pretty nuts, never ever seen that one.

yeah thats fresh. ive never seen that either.

i just got kevvy kevs groups first record from 85. anyone know what the earliest bay record is? just curious.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Earilest Bay rap record on the whole? Well there's that Khayree joint from like...I wanna say 83 (first vallejo rap record?), and then there's Steve Walker "Tally Ho" which is more of a novelty record (even if it doesn't fit into J**h's definition of novelty rap records), and then I remember hearing about a disco rap record actually from 1980 that wasn't terrible.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    anyone know what the earliest bay record is? just curious.

this is the earliest one i've seen/have