who can really hate on this please tell me

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    contender for single of the decade.

yes I am drunk on lao beer but please be surrious no one can fusk with this joint.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    It is without charm, grace or musical merit; it has no lyrical, poetic, artistic, sartorial or intrinsic value.
    It exists in a vacuum, unencumbered by the notion of magnificence, and undoubtedly detrimental to those unfortunate enough to encounter it.
    It is devoid of panache, elan, savoire faire and a host of other french words and terms that have no truly precise and satisfactory rendition in English.

In short, it is shit.

Apart from that, it's fine.

• theres your answer, skel can hate on this....as can i, its

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,785 Posts

LULZ(?). Well F*ck, I won't bother listening to that then.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Beat is great but there are a ton of freestyles on it that are better than Jayceon

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
    not feelin it. it is produced well i guess but the beat and rhymes are doing nothing for me.

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts
    It is without charm, grace or musical merit; it has no lyrical, poetic, artistic, sartorial or intrinsic value.
    It exists in a vacuum, unencumbered by the notion of magnificence, and undoubtedly detrimental to those unfortunate enough to encounter it.
    It is devoid of panache, elan, savoire faire and a host of other french words and terms that have no truly precise and satisfactory rendition in English.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Beat is great but there are a ton of freestyles on it that are better than Jayceon
    Clipse merked the F*ck out of it on vol 2 (?)

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

'Plex 'Phors!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

'Plex 'Phors!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    serg's description of the game only being good to get other rappers hot beatz for freestyling is pretty appropriate

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Game is a great rappeur. You guys are just some hatin-ass Crips.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Game is a great rappeur.

He's not a GREAT rapper.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    this song is old

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The beat is sick but Game is ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Clipse kind of murdered this on "What's Up"

• Beat is great but there are a ton of freestyles on it that are better than Jayceon
    My first thought. I love that beat, though.

• this song is old
    Actually, this was my first thought.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I thought I was reading a ghost bump for a minute.

Maybe in Southeast Asia, hip-hop is still in 2005.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

You know its funny, I guess I hadn't heard his version since it was popular - but upon listening to it for the first time in years I think you're right.

Game is alright, I couldn't listen to a full album in a sitting but sometimes he has great songs despite himself.

This must be one the last badazz Timbaland (rap) beats.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I've been waiting months for this full cut to get leaked:

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Game is a great rapper.

Game is a great rapper.

That Lao beer making its rounds?

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Game is a great rapper.

That Lao beer making its rounds?

My homemade margarita just made its rounds and I gotta say that Game track is dull as F*ck.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I've been waiting months for this full cut to get leaked:

THIS ON THE OTHER HAND IS FLY AS HAIL AND WOULD BE EVEN BETTER IF THE GAME WAS NOWHERE NEAR IT

• Options

In short, it is shit.

Apart from that, it's fine.

brilliant.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    make that a Jameson or four, friends. clouded call, but I can't deny I love listening to his flow.

bassie is the only one who knows whats up in here.

Maybe in Southeast Asia, hip-hop is still in 2005.

haha.

damn not even Harvey is riding for this joint and Leimert Park is visible at 1:29!

fuggit i guess i'll make this a game apreesh thread.

its been a minute since he was truly killing it (though LAX does have some joints) but when his first two dropped he was providing a very necessary corrective to the nursery rhyme sing song snap crap that was coming from the g-unit et al and from certain southern "rappers." and despite all the beef he never made it a w coast v. e coast thing, always gave respect where it was due, etc.

he has some great dis tracks, great club jams, always kept up with the mixtape thing, etc.

and although I can understand how some people thought his dre obsession and suicide thing were creepy fuggit the dude always wore his heart on his sleeve which is hard to do in rapp without sounding corny. im not mad at him even though now I think I am sober lol.