"Man Shot Twice In Kings Cross"

2»

Comments

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Wog is in the UK usually regarded as an offensive slang word referring to dark skinned, non-white people from Africa or Asia. The origin of the term is uncertain. Many dictionaries say "wog" possibly derives from the Golliwogg, a blackface minstrel doll character from a children's book published in 1895. An alternative is that "wog" originates from Pollywog, a maritime term for someone who has not crossed the equator. Attempts to derive "wog" from such phrases as "Worthy Oriental Gentleman", "Working On Government Service"[1] (digging the Suez Canal), "White Oriental Gentleman" or "Western Oriental Gentleman" are however considered backronyms.

The use of the word is discouraged in Britain, and most dictionaries refer to the word with the caution that it is derogatory and offensive slang.

A US equivalent would be Coon I guess.

You wouldn't be allowed to say it on the news in the UK. But it's not a term I hear anyone under the age of 80 really use.

Nah Aussie Wog and UK Wog...two different things (I found out the hard way once....)

In OZ a Wog is derogtory term, basically for any ethnic immigrant (or their decendants) in general, but mostly used for immigrants that are NOT Asian, Black, or Arabic. Mainly Eastern/Southern Euros get the term thrown at them,(like the US WOP) anglo saxon euros dont, and most other ethnic groups have their own derogatory terms

I been informed that in the UK its used as a derogtory term against black ppl, and if you say it...its a fight starter.

Over here, where I grew up its 80% wogs, so if any anglos threw that word around too much, they would most likely get dropped, but I also lived in Cronulla...and there were only 5 Wogs that i knew there, and history has shown how tolerant (sarcasm!) the Shire is. Over there you still here ppl talk like that lovely lady on the news.

At the same time many ethnic kids take ownership of the word and use it as a term of enderment AMONGST THEMSELVES....

• ArksArks 133 Posts
    At the same time many ethnic kids take ownership of the word and use it as a term of enderment AMONGST THEMSELVES....

Someone needs to loop up some Jack Wilkins and do a song about this

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    "the fadda wog sed to the skenneya wog"

My brother lives[/b] in Kings Cross now year.

never[/b] a dull moment.

Wouldn't be more than a 5 minute walk from the street view in that footage either.

Real bogans know the good word, ay.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    they showed the guy that got shot. The dude is neither a Wog or Skinny.
    Me thinks little miss hitler was on one too many pingas...

She now has some Big Borther fame, and has an agent, so things are improving.

I heard she is running for Mayor of Camden and will use this clip as her campaign ad.