"Man Shot Twice In Kings Cross"

SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
Ok, the news itself is not in any way comical or to be made light of but the girls description of the events are pretty priceless.....ah, Aussie Sheila's!!haha!!

Comments

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    Aussie Sheila's!!haha!!

In America we call that a SNITCH

• SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts
    Na man, she's just a bogan...

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Na man, she's just a bogan...

Damn wogs!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    chick chick BOOM

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Noice work Reynaldo!!!hahaha...that was my fave part!!

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Its nice that in the last few years many Australian idiots are reaching a world class level of idiocy that people of many nations can enjoy.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    videos like this make me wanna move overseas.

videos like this make me wanna move overseas.

Correction; videos like this make me wanna move to a desert island

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    "the fadda wog sed to the skenneya wog"

i worked in Kings Cross for a year, graveyard shift.

never a dull moment.

im staying at a hotel just out of kings cross next month for a few days. i hope i don't see scenes as exciting as this!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Don't you already live on a desert island.

The video is amazing. I love how she's all coy about saying she just came out of a stripclub, then the interviewer thanks her for the interview, and she gets all cute and says "You're welcome". Then all the drunk randomness, with the dude saying "He got shot. I saw the gun, it was like a Glock 9. It was awesome." LOLs

So is it cool in Oz to be throwing around words like wog on the news?

by desert island, i literally mean that. one that is deserted. wog is a pretty common word here. not one i use. seems to be an east coast thing?

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Umm she actually said they came out of a tattoo palour and channel nine is hardly known for the integrity of its news. Lastly its the cross at 2am in the morning what do you expect ?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Umm she actually said they came out of a tattoo palour and channel nine is hardly known for the integrity of its news. Lastly its the cross at 2am in the morning what do you expect ?

She did, and maybe there are tattoo parlours open at two in the morning there, I dunno. She later gets all coy and when mentioning a strip joint though. But really who f*cking cares. It was funny is all.

• ArksArks 133 Posts
    She is kind of hot..Kanye would blap (drunken hot girls)

I DJed in kings cross a bunch of times, fun place

All fun and games until somebody gets killed anyway

Whats your hotel N*th? The Kirkton?

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    She is kind of incredibly stupid[/b]...

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    For some reason, I find Australian women's accents sexy. This lady sounded like a ditz, though.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Don't you already live on a desert island.

The video is amazing. I love how she's all coy about saying she just came out of a stripclub, then the interviewer thanks her for the interview, and she gets all cute and says "You're welcome". Then all the drunk randomness, with the dude saying "He got shot. I saw the gun, it was like a Glock 9. It was awesome." LOLs

So is it cool in Oz to be throwing around words like wog on the news?

Someone plaese to explain the term "Wog."

Thank you.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Wog is in the UK usually regarded as an offensive slang word referring to dark skinned, non-white people from Africa or Asia. The origin of the term is uncertain. Many dictionaries say "wog" possibly derives from the Golliwogg, a blackface minstrel doll character from a children's book published in 1895. An alternative is that "wog" originates from Pollywog, a maritime term for someone who has not crossed the equator. Attempts to derive "wog" from such phrases as "Worthy Oriental Gentleman", "Working On Government Service"[1] (digging the Suez Canal), "White Oriental Gentleman" or "Western Oriental Gentleman" are however considered backronyms.

The use of the word is discouraged in Britain, and most dictionaries refer to the word with the caution that it is derogatory and offensive slang.

A US equivalent would be Coon I guess.

You wouldn't be allowed to say it on the news in the UK. But it's not a term I hear anyone under the age of 80 really use.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    In just a few minutes she summed up what I love and what I hate about Australia. I love that Aussie girls go to strip clubs and I love the fact that gun violence is still relatively rare. I also love how casual most Aussies are.
    I hate the racism in Australia which I encountered many times especially in Queensland. As soon as the locals found out I was from Georgia they thought they could unload their racial jokes on me and that I'd be cool with that.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    tadoo parlor

parlour?

• DrBorisQDrBorisQ 298 Posts
    Wog is in the UK usually regarded as an offensive slang word referring to dark skinned, non-white people from Africa or Asia. The origin of the term is uncertain. Many dictionaries say "wog" possibly derives from the Golliwogg, a blackface minstrel doll character from a children's book published in 1895. An alternative is that "wog" originates from Pollywog, a maritime term for someone who has not crossed the equator. Attempts to derive "wog" from such phrases as "Worthy Oriental Gentleman", "Working On Government Service"[1] (digging the Suez Canal), "White Oriental Gentleman" or "Western Oriental Gentleman" are however considered backronyms.

The use of the word is discouraged in Britain, and most dictionaries refer to the word with the caution that it is derogatory and offensive slang.

You wouldn't be allowed to say it on the news in the UK. But it's not a term I hear anyone under the age of 80 really use.

In the Australian sense it doesn't really quite mean that. It is used to refer to someone of mediterranean origin. i.e. Greek, Italian etc...

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    The Australian accent gets under my skin like Hemols raps. Sorry, guy.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

In the Australian sense it doesn't really quite mean that. It is used to refer to someone of mediterranean origin. i.e. Greek, Italian etc...

Sure you're not thinking of 'wop'?

• DrBorisQDrBorisQ 298 Posts
    yes i'm sure.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    the dude saying "He got shot. I saw the gun, it was like a Glock 9. It was awesome." LOLs

that shit had me ROLLING had to watch it over 4 or 5 times with tears in my eyes laughing so hard.

i don't have HBO so i assume that's what Flight of the Conchords is like.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Shit,

I'm a sucker for accents.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

Shit,

I'm a sucker for accents overbites[/b].

Yes indeed she was chewing her lip with that wasnt she...

The Australian accent gets under my skin like Hemols raps. Sorry, guy.

Boooooooooooooooooooooo!!haha!!

"wog" in australia is definitely only used to describe Greeks, Italians, Macedonian's etc. The only people who i actually know who use it, are in fact Greek or Italian or Macedonia etc.
    but then there are some "skip's" who use it in a derogatory/stereotypical way!!
    funny thing is, she was doing a full new zealand accent for her characters!!