Ye Olde Weekday Finds as yet?

AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
i have been meaning to post some recent finds but life has been nuts, these are a few of my favorites of late, some rarities...reggae LP's and they are from my friends' dad, except shelly thunder:john holt- pledging my loveblack uhuru- love crisis this is the OG with no horns before the overdub and re-press, yayshelly thunder-kuff, full length lppresenting triston palma, i love his voice btw this is a great comp with some x rated latter day ska, ken lazarusand big youth- isaiah first prophet of old this one is so great looking i will post the front and back:

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

black uhuru- love crisis this is the OG with no horns before the overdub and re-press, yay

So much better.

Then overdubs on the Greenslevees press ruin it.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

a few mailbox "finds"

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts

black uhuru- love crisis this is the OG with no horns before the overdub and re-press, yay

So much better.

Then overdubs on the Greenslevees press ruin it.

was the Greensleeves release titled "Black Sounds of Freedom" instead of "Love Crisis"?

• rookrook 357 Posts
    a few mailbox "finds"

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

So much better.

Then overdubs on the Greensleeves press ruin it.

was the Greensleeves release titled "Black Sounds of Freedom" instead of "Love Crisis"?

Yes, that's it.

There was also a 1977 UK release on Third World that does not have the overdubs.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Right, called "Love Crisis" with the picture of them sitting on the wall - which I think was also used on the Greensleeves (and later Shanachie) issues, but put in some kind of sepia tone relief or something.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Right, called "Love Crisis" with the picture of them sitting on the wall - which I think was also used on the Greensleeves (and later Shanachie) issues, but put in some kind of sepia tone relief or something.

Peep them here:

http://www.roots-archives.com/release/732

http://www.roots-archives.com/release/1685

Greensleeves used the picture from the Third World version and arted it all up.