Jazz Liberatorz ft. Fatlip and Tre Hardson

ReedReed 97 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
Late pass on this. Not really a fan of live instrumentation in Hip-Hop (read: Atmosphere) but these cats pull it off exceptionally wellbangerhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT1Ag3s6E...rom=PL&index=28

Comments

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    That whole record was real soild on the laid back tip. The guests where real proper and came correct. The Rahsahan Ahman (spelling) and J. Sands songs off the Lp caught my ear as well. Highly recommended for those into the jazz influenced hip-hop. A lit bit over the top in places but whatever.

• i ride for the track when the clock ticks, its

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    i ride for the whole album, i managed to get on the 12" pack quite a while ago, but still am yet to track down the album on vinyl

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    i ride for the whole album, i managed to get on the 12" pack quite a while ago, but still am yet to track down the album on vinyl

The album is not available on vinyl per se, but all the tracks (minus the intro and outro) are available on 6 12", is this what you meant by 12"pack ?

May be I'm biaised but my favourite track is Genius At Work with Fatlip and T-Love.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    yes that is what i meant, as far as i know there were 3 12" singles released, and 3 more that were only released in the 6x 12" pack (with carhartt tee, cd etc), but i saw the album on discogs when it first dropped for 40 euro, and the the seller had it advertised as the vinyl release, i thought i may be able to pick it up cheaper from the states but when i couldnt see it again, i just grabbed the pack as i never came across the lp again, so i still am not certain that the lp exists or not

• so far as i know the album doesnt exist as a standalone LP, its just the cd, the 6x12" boxset and then 12" single releases of the 12"s in the boxset.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    For those who missed their first wave of 12" they have compiled them on a CD that should be released tomorrow in France. They've added a new song with Mos Def and a couple of remixes by Drum Brothers, 20Syl and Dela but for the most part it's the 5 first singles.
    Recommended.

• For those who missed their first wave of 12" they have compiled them on a CD that should be released tomorrow in France. They've added a new song with Mos Def and a couple of remixes by Drum Brothers, 20Syl and Dela but for the most part it's the 5 first singles.
    Recommended.

i was a little disappointed when i saw this. mostly previously released stuff

looking forward to hear more fron Jazz Liberators, i love the box set, i feel every little instrumental on the 12"s