The Grandfather Paradox

AserAser 2,351 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
Put together by the Innervisions crew, this mix just about blew my mind. It basically connects the dots between the past and present (musique concrete to techno to house). It's less a mix and more a composition. Bits and pieces are plucked from the original tracks to form their interpretation. It is complex yet understated at the same time, these dudes are pure class.I know this isn't typical soulstrut fodder but give it a try if it sounds interesting. You can dl it here....01. Steve Reich & Pat Metheny Electric Counterpoint ??? Fast02. Etienne Jaumet - Repeat After Me (??me Mix)03. Kenneth Bager - Fragment Eleven??? The Day After Yesterday Pt.104. Liquid Liquid - Lock Groove (Out)05. Cymande - For Baby Oh06. Patrick Moraz - Metamorphoses 1st Movement (Live)07. To Rococo Rot - Testfeld08. Matematics - Blue Water09. I:CUBE - Acid Tablet10. ?? - Atomit11. Conrad Schnitzler - Electrocon 1112. Green Pickles feat. Billy Lo & M. Pittman - Feedback13. La Funk Mob - Motor Bass Gets Phunked Up14. John Carpenter - The President Is Gone15. Yusef Lateef - The Three Faces Of Bala16. Robert Hood - Minus17. Raymond Scott - Bass-Line Generator18. Moondog - Invocation

Comments

• TheBeatGoesTheBeatGoes 711 Posts
    thanks, gonna check this one out

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I mentioned how good this is in the minimal techno thread the other week.

It's a really well thought out, crafted mix. Something that doesn't come along too often.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Thanks for the link, looks interesting. It's dl'ing at the moment and I'm looking forward to checking it out.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Looking fwd to this

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    great title and concept