RIP Wayman Tisdale

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
All-American hoopster at Oklahoma.....NBA player, award winning jazz bassist and all around good human being.Dead at 44 from cancer.The good do die young.RIP

Comments

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Okay. Here it is. I posted in the Playoff thread.

Yes, sad to read of it. RIP indeed.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Oh shit.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Ive always wanted to hear one of his albums. Smooth Jazz type stuff.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Damn. I'm in tears right now. Wayman was one of the coolest, funniest, nicest dudes you could ever meet. I spent 3 days with Wayman over the last few years. The production company I work with in the summers does a big jazz festival every year in August. 2 day festival and it sells out every year. Wayman and his band played the festival three times and he was a crowd favorite. He would play a "smooth jazz" set, but would also play instrumental versions of old school joints like Earth, Wind And Fire, Ohio Players, etc. He always put on a great show! He would have all the crowd up dancing and laughing while he was on stage. Last August when he was here I spent the whole day and night with Wayman. Wayman had bone cancer in one of his legs and I was big enough that I could help him get around by him holding on to one of my shoulders while he walked. We were clowin' all day and listening to lots of dope music. Wayman and his band were loving the Jake One AR Music CDs that I was playing in the van. Bernard Wright joint came on and they all yelled "NARD!" Wayman bugged out when the Bobby Broom "Find youself" joint came on. Everyone on Soulstrut would have loved Wayman if you met him. We would always talk about shoes too. Air Force Ones were his favorite. He told me crazy stories about winning a gold medal in the olympics and dude had SO many crazy NBA stories!!!!!! Wayman told me how Reggie Miller had to run and get him his morning coffee and newspaper when Reggie was an NBA rookie! LOL. I will really miss dude. Wayman was a class act.

R.I.P. to one of the greatest.

Wayman and BC August 2008

• Damn. RIP Mr. Tisdale.

• Thats a damn shame.

Class act sums it up.

He was my favorite Pacer.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Truly sad for someone so talented to die so young. It doesn't seem like he wasted a second of the time he had though.

RIP

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    RIP, I always liked him back when I used to follow basketball in the early 90s.