The Way NOT To Handle Business

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
so i sold a record on ebay and it ended up going for like $260. the buyer had 0 feedback and then was no longer a registered user. then i get his payment with an email that says this..."Hey man, ebay canceld my account!!! Don??t know why.....I saw that the payment is clear. If you don??t send the record, i will open a disput at paypal. Hope your are a trustfull seller. please mail back... regards timo"i smell a chargeback. and i dont feel comfortable sending the item so i refunded his money and said this.."Ebay only cancels your account if you have strikes against you fromnon payment and/or bad paymentTo be honest i dont feel comfortable sending you a record. So i amgoin to refund your money"there arent any repercusssions against me right?

Comments

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    timo

so the Germans start being shady now too? Thought it was only the French...

sorry to not be of any help regarding your question. But I assume you should be ok.

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts
    You did the right thing and are now safe. I'm wishing you a successful second chance offer!

• 3rdshow3rdshow 168 Posts
    i think i sold a $180 dollar piece to the same guy on discogs a couple weeks ago..

took him a minute to send the non instant payment and the paypal account it was sent through belonged to some other guy..
    actually paypal cancelled his first payment because it still wasn't cleared after like 2 weeks so he had to send it again..

i still sent him the record though because i figured he couldn't pull any stunts since the deal went through outside of ebay..

then 2 or 3 weeks ago i got this:

<br />hey dude,<br /><br />the f*cking dutty has my record. I don??t wanna pay the taxes. So, please send a invoice to my email <br />(rek*****and(at)web.de. You can write that this was private sell, please write amount round 25 euro.<br /><br />thanks  

so i sent him a word file stating that he bought that record from me blah blah..
    today i got this message:

F*ck OFF! The f*cking dutty send the record back. Please mail back, my friend.<br /><br />regards timo<br />  

i don't really know what to expect now..

• 3rdshow3rdshow 168 Posts
    DUTTY MAN TACTICS!!

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    FALSCHE RASTA

• Options
    FALSCHE RASTA

b/w

brilliant

• F*ck OFF! The f*cking dutty send the record back. Please mail back, my friend.<br /><br />regards timo<br />  

LOLz!

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    FALSCHE RASTA

b/w

brilliant

Sad thing they do exist. Brilliant yes!