Kentucky Grilled Chicken???

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
Anyone?Is this like Pepsi Clear, New Coke, or when Apple licensed their OS to other companies?I dont eat KFC/KGC, but Im curious how it effects the Branding.

Comments

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    i tried the free meal, its not bad...
    but the grilled chicken spots in my hood are much much much better

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    at least around here, it is only being served in the suburban locations, from what I've been told, because I went to one in the middle of the city 2 days ago (I gots a thing for their extra crispy thighs) and it wasnt even on the menu.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I haven't messed with
    Kan't
    Fukkin
    Cook
    in years but I got a grilled 2 piece and I really liked it.
    Far better than their fried chicken.

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    that place is gross-do they "pre-grill" the chicken at some central facility or do they just paint on those grill lines?

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    that place is gross-do they "pre-grill" the chicken at some central facility or do they just paint on those grill lines?

Just like Burger King.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    someone at work decided to forward the oprah coupon to everyone in the building, probably 1000+ people. i hope she got fired

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Popeyes makes KFC irrelevant.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    yeah it is pretty ehhh... I just have some holdover childhood thing about it. Getting a bucket of KFC when I was little meant it was either some weekend outing, unexpected company, or some other fun thing. I am blinded to its "its not real food, its a food product"-ness about it.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    yeah it is pretty ehhh... I just have some holdover childhood thing about it. Getting a bucket of KFC when I was little meant it was either some weekend outing, unexpected company, or some other fun thing. I am blinded to its "its not real food, its a food product"-ness about it.

If i recall KFC back in the 70's was quite good for fast food, when it was called Kentucky Fried Chicken.

I think they fusked w/ the "recipe" when it became KFC.

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts

If i recall KFC back in the 70's was quite good for fast food, when it was called Kentucky Fried Chicken.

I think they fusked w/ the "recipe" when it became KFC.

yeah, i had one on my block and i distinctly remember the change-over: the pieces were much smaller than before (and more consistent in shape) and the herbs and spices were just not the same.

apparently the col. got suckered when he sold the franchise to pepsi or whoever it is that runs that joint now.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    i tried the free meal, its not bad...

OPRAH-WATCHER REVEALED!!!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Says the man who once told me if he lived within a block of a KFC like I do, he'd weigh 400 pounds.

I SEE YOU M***!

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Anyone?

Is this like Pepsi Clear, New Coke, or when Apple licensed their OS to other companies?

I dont eat KFC/KGC, but Im curious how it effects the Branding.

you sound black.

Anyone?

Is this like Pepsi Clear, New Coke, or when Apple licensed their OS to other companies?

you sound black.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Anyone?

you sound black.

I'm all for pulling that shit out (pause) but that made zero sense to me.

CONTEXT SON

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts

is there a "speechless" graemlin?

Anyone?

you sound black.

CONTEXT SON

u sound black

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

their buffet' is nice, okra, gizzards, livers, all the schitt they don't put on the
    menu.

We got Claudia Sanders (his wife's recipe) down here known more for the ham, and Lee's Famous Chicken which is a family member of his, which is probably in other states.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Anyone?

you sound black.

CONTEXT SON

Learning the art of the slow clap at the end of the movie.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Claudia Sanders got good rolls.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Says the man who once told me if he lived within a block of a KFC like I do, he'd weigh 400 pounds.

And if it was a Popeye's, I'd weigh 750.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Yo,

Chain-chicken steez is wack in 2009. It's all about the 'round the cona' chicken spot. Like these:

New Jersey:

-USA Fried Chicken on Rt. 27, Somerset, NJ (no picture available, hood shit).

Akron, OH (no pictures available):

-Charlie's Ribs.
    -Showcase Meats.
    -B&J's Lounge.
    -The Al Kaf Masonic Lodge.
    -Difeo's Poultry.

Gotta big-up my North Carolina chicken spots too (no pictures available):

-Bedsole's Pig & Chicken (Fayetteville, NC).
    -The Bar-B-Que House, No. 1 (Fayetteville, NC).
    -Buddy's Barbecue (Kinston, NC).
    -Captain Jerry's Seafood (they serve chicken too; Fayetteville, NC).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts

View Larger Map

View Larger Map

Popeyes on a budget:

View Larger Map

oh, and there's also another new Popeye's competitor here now. Scooter's chicken. If you need to be convinced they're biting check the menu: http://www.scooterschicken.com/menu.asp

it's actually pretty good though.

• DJ_PhillieDJ_Phillie 199 Posts

Popeyes on a budget:

View Larger Map

i always get a kick out of telling people "I'm taking you to Church son!" and then ride here to pick up some fried chaken!

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

Popeyes on a budget:

View Larger Map

i always get a kick out of telling people "I'm taking you to Church son!" and then ride here to pick up some fried chaken!

Dunno how things work where you are, but out here the stand alone stores (not the combo drive through suburban stores) have glass so you can see what's going on in "the kitchen". And quite frankly I'm quite consoled to know all my food is fried in oil...

ick.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Which strutter is this?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    FAVE CHICKEN:

1. Plus Chicken - if you are in northwest dallas try this chicken! the 'regular' is spicy and the hot is spicier.

2. Pollo Campero - Guatemalan fried chicken. also in NW dallas.

3. Williams Chicken - local chicken chain. i'm talking chicken only cause the sides suck. except the fried okra and the dirty rice.

4. Popeye's

5. Church's

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    KFC folks, is that grilled shit even around anymore?