Putting my Brazilian Records to Good Use (Mix R)

DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
The Brasil Meu Amor mix series dedicated to my passion for all things Brazilian will cover all styles including bossa nova, samba, MPB, soul, funk, psych, folk and jazz. The first mix leans more towards the psych and folk realm. Over 70 minutes of the best and rarest Brazilian records from the 60s and 70s. All original pressings of course... yes, including the Verocai! Stay tuned for more deep mixes in this series soon.DJ Ferrari - Brasil Meu Amor Vol 1Tracklisting[/b]Vanusa - Ponte Aerea: 15 HorasArthur Verocai - CabocloD'Angelo - Padre CiceroCarlos Pedro - Tudo Muda Toda HoraClaudia - Frente FriaMarcos Valle - Vinte e Seis Anos de Vida NormalOs Brazoes - EspiralCaetano Veloso - TropicaliaGal Costa - TuaregSom Imaginario - UeArthur Verocai - Velho ParentePiri - Porta Do SolNonato Buzar - Verao VermelhoCelia - No Boca Do SolSecos e Molhados - Sangue LatinoPaulo Bagunca - CristinaMutantes - Ave LuciferTrio Mocoto - Nao AdiantaCleo Galante - Momentos de Cada DiaO Bando - Quem SabeO Terco - Longe Sem DirecaoTuca - Pra Voce Com AmorGolden Boys - BerimbauJorge Ben - Porque e Proibido Pisar Na GramaToquinho - Carolina Carol BelaRubinho e Mauro Assumpcao - No Munda Da LuaAssim Assado - PedacosLiverpool - Voce GostaGal Costa - Baby

Comments

• too much record pron for me to handle, will definitely check this one out.

• froz1froz1 154 Posts
    Great stuff, mixed well too... Thanks!

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Hell yeah.
    I still bump the fortyfivan on teh regular

• pencilfacepencilface 674 Posts
    excellent -- really lookign forward to checking this out. cheers.

that LIVERPOOL lp is so ruddy amazing - -a bit like a magical, downer version of the BRAZOES album!! is that a pricey one to pick up? - - i've certainly never seen one for sale.

• This looks like heat - I'll give it a go on the walkman. Cheers.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I'm feeling this man. Good work.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts

that LIVERPOOL lp is so ruddy amazing - -a bit like a magical, downer version of the BRAZOES album!! is that a pricey one to pick up? - - i've certainly never seen one for sale.

Going for around $400 these days.

A really great and unique record, for sure.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

Going for around $400 these days.

A really great and unique record, for sure.

Yeah, I love that Liverpool record... a bit pricey for sure, though. I saw that Shadoks reissued it along with the 7" from the Marcelo Zona Sul OST. Have you heard that? It's solid too and will be played in an upcoming mix no doubt.

Glad folks are feeling the mix... this is just the tip of the iceberg... way more heat to follow!

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    I'm feeling this man

anyone questioning the need for commas in 2009, take note.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I'm feeling this man

anyone questioning the need for commas in 2009, take note.

Bah!!!!

• the shadoks reissue of liverpool with the 7" of zona sul is $40-50, easier than buying an OG at least, i've got one on snipe right now.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    easier than buying an OG at least

True... but then you've got a reissue

I keed, I keed. I haven't seen either the LP or 7" for sale in a while now. Unfortunately, my 7" doesn't have the pic sleeve, but whatever... still an original.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    easier than buying an OG at least

True... but then you've got a reissue

I keed, I keed. I haven't seen either the LP or 7" for sale in a while now. Unfortunately, my 7" doesn't have the pic sleeve, but whatever... still an original.

The Shadoks Lp sounds fine, but the 7" does not.

I know, you can't expect a six song 7" to sound good,
    but my OG actually sounds great. Don't know
    how they did it, but they did.

• yeah its easier than getting an OG, but not better than having an og. the most recent price of the 7" ep i've seen is on brazils RHKTD for 500 reais so the shadoks package is pretty good if youre on a tight budget.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    On the download right now. Tracklist looks amazing. Thanks for posting this up!