Mochilla Quantic

badnoozbearbadnoozbear 26 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central

Tradition in Transition: A Postcard from Cali (TRAILER) from Quantic on Vimeo.

Trailer from the forthcoming Mochilla/Sonido del Valle production.Shot in Cali and Buenaventura in Colombia.Based around the music of Quantic and his Combo Barbaro from their forthcoming Tradition in Transition album on Tru Thoughts Records featuring the talents of Will Quantic, Alfredito Linares, Nidia Gongora, Freddy Colorado, Arthur Verocai, Joao Comanche Gomes and Malcolm Catto. Hope this news isn't too old for you guys, but Mochilla's new project.

Comments

• i was literally just about to post this as your post came up, this looks dope, cant wait to hear the full album and see what mochilla do with this.

• Options
    Will Holland is a genius and I can't wait for this to drop.

• my copy of the 7" is in the mail and soon the full album too, both are

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Hey Mario,

Where's the best place to cop this to get it soonest?

Dusty Groove looks

• if you have a credit card then cop it here, they will be the cheapest and will get it out to you fastest, if not, some ebay uk sellers have them. If neither of them two work out...drop me a pm

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Very excited about this. I think it was announced shortly after the cancellation of the David Axelrod show.

Anyone heard anything regarding a Timeless DVD?

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    if you have a credit card then cop it here, they will be the cheapest and will get it out to you fastest, if not, some ebay uk sellers have them. If neither of them two work out...drop me a pm

Album and 7" copped.

• Anyone heard anything regarding a Timeless DVD?
    not heard anything about that yet, if they do dvd's of the timeless shows, it'll be great as one dvd per show possibly with an audio cd of the live recordings, I'd definitely cop.

• i got this in the mail this morning. It's easily one of the best all round albums of 2009 for me so far. Well presented (gatefold sleeve + poster + full album on cd), high quality (heavyweight vinyl) and most importantly, excellent music. Fave track so far: Undelivered letter, although the kitty winter cover is surprisingly good too.

• coolchriscoolchris 301 Posts
    Damn, will never sleeps. Sounds really great. I'll be repin' the bay when there is domestic copies.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I've been really into Mochilla's recent projects. I'm still not quite sure what Mochilla is though?

2 photographers/filmmakers turned promoters?

Anyone have any better insight.

- spidey

• rogbrogb 172 Posts
    2 photographers/filmmakers turned promoters

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    i got this in the mail this morning. It's easily one of the best all round albums of 2009 for me so far. Well presented (gatefold sleeve + poster + full album on cd), high quality (heavyweight vinyl) and most importantly, excellent music. Fave track so far: Undelivered letter, although the kitty winter cover is surprisingly good too.

This is a masterpieces all through. Stunning production, album art, vinyl quality, poster and perfect mastering. The 16??? I payed for it seems like a steal.
    I highly encourage everybody to buy it, you won't regret it.

I really hope for Tru Thoughts that their big efforts with this album is at least a little bit rewarding.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    a little question for those who have bought the vinyl with accompanied cd.
    I just ripped a few songs from the cd and I noticed that somehow the drums and the percussion are mixed differently on the cd than and the vinyl.
    Especially in the song "Linda Morena" the high hats are crystal clear on the while they are hardly audible on the vinyl.
    I'm not sure if my ears play a prank or if my equipment is shitty or if it's really mixed differently.

Can someone check it please?

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    Alfredo Linares is god.