New Cam Album

2»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Producers?

No names--you know Cam likes to keep every penny of that advance. I like Cam over budget beats. In a certain way, the aesthetic is reminiscent of a mid-nineties No Limit release.

So Faux hates lyrics and admits that he's not really into beats.

I've never poasted anything resembling either of those two sentiments.

This is a presumption, but I think you value "swagger" over hot beats and rhymes.

Based on?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Producers?

No names--you know Cam likes to keep every penny of that advance. I like Cam over budget beats. In a certain way, the aesthetic is reminiscent of a mid-nineties No Limit release.

So Faux hates lyrics and admits that he's not really into beats.

I've never poasted anything resembling either of those two sentiments.

This is a presumption, but I think you value "swagger" over hot beats and rhymes.

Based on?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Killa Season was a classic to me(not the movie).

dude what? you cant be serious.

I am a cam fan but that album was garbaggio. shit even the movie was better.

I will cop the new one f sure.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Camron is like the last dude to really check for anymore.

hella mad that the jada cut didnt make the album. Im sure cam's cheap ass wouldnt clear the sample.

• Aids rap

Camron is like the last dude to really check for anymore.

Buzz or not, he's still a great rapper.

SoulStrut dudes really showing their true colors. Cam puts out one of the best rap albums of the past decade, which dudes can't stop enthusing about, and now they can't be bothered to check for him.

Didn't this same thing happen with the Clipse?

The new album is excellent. He's back where he needs to be.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Just listenin to this now and really liking it.

Anyone else feelin Philadelphia Freeway 2?

Cam'ron album was really good too.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts

wtf? when did that come out? is it a mix cd or an official thing?

peace,xavier

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I think it's a mix CD. I saw it on a blog or two earlier today...

• No it drops on Monday.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    It's a proper album as far as I know, meant to be out on the 19th but can obviously get it a lil bit urrrly.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    His album came right on time and I agree with the No-Limit analogy. It's good to switch producers and find newcomers instead of the same ol' same ol'. There's a lot of good tracks on it. Two are really horrible. But he proved his point again : without him, there would be no Harlem right now.

His album came right on time and I agree with the No-Limit analogy. It's good to switch producers and find newcomers instead of the same ol' same ol'. There's a lot of good tracks on it. Two are really horrible. But he proved his point again : without him, there would be no Harlem right now.

Izm is the only dude on here who knows what's up.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    But he proved his point again : without him, there would be no Harlem right now.

Are you talking about Cam or Faux_Rillz?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Izm is the only dude on here who knows what's up.

FRENCH MONTANA!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Woah only just saw this, has to be the most low key album release I can think of for a while. Will check it out no matter what but any news on who the producers are on it? Assume that it's mainly no names as I expect the budget was dramatically cut.

Also, Cam'ron album dropped 12th May - 43,100 copies sold in first week apparently. Considering the man only made one bad album between this and Purple Haze people here really should be at least giving it a chance. Up there for best rap album released this year so far imo.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    the man only made one bad album between this and Purple Haze

like I said I am a cam fan and will cop the new album but his makes zero sense.

the man only made one bad album between this and Purple Haze

like I said I am a cam fan and will cop the new album but his makes zero sense.

Yeah apologies my brain isn't in the best of shapes today. The point my damaged mind was trying to make was that people weren't bothering to check Crime Pays due to how woeful Killa Season was, forgetting how many decent albums he made prior to that.
    Actually bothering to put my brain into gear the fact that Cam has always been a love/hate artist and that it's been 3 years in between releases is no doubt as much the issue as anything else.

Anyways, ignore the brainfart of the text and cop the album.

Also, Cam'ron album dropped 12th May - 43,100 copies sold in first week apparently.

Not great, but comparable to Jimmy's numbers. I find that interesting, considering that Jimmy clearly had much more marketing money--special folio packaging, DVDs, Hot 97 rotation, etc. Cam's just got dedicated fans (very few of whom poast on SoulStrut apparently).

My favorite rap records so far this year: Cam, Rick Ross and U.G.K.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    But he proved his point again : without him, there would be no Harlem right now.

Are you talking about Cam or Faux_Rillz?

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    It took me a while to finally get around to listening to this, considering how much I liked the my job video. I've been playing it all week. Production was perfect to me. One of those albums that made me want to work on my music. In my mind, Cam is a genius.

Now the UGK on the other hand, just made me feel sad.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts

Woah only just saw this, has to be the most low key album release I can think of for a while. Will check it out no matter what but any news on who the producers are on it? Assume that it's mainly no names as I expect the budget was dramatically cut.

I was a little disappointed by PF2, but only relative to his recent output. This one has about 5 solid tracks on it, but none top-shelf relative to Free at Last, his guests on Jake's album, and Month of Madness' high points. Month of Madness alone had at least a dozen keepers.

I was a little disappointed by PF2, but only relative to his recent output. This one has about 5 solid tracks on it, but none top-shelf relative to Free at Last, his guests on Jake's album, and Month of Madness' high points. Month of Madness alone had at least a dozen keepers.

Can't say I'm surprised by this though will check it out regardless in the hope that he continues to keep on putting stuff out. Cheers.