Beginning Of The Week Finds

2»

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    has a gnarly "If you think I'm Sexy" cover...

I just heard this for the first time recently. Totally ridiculous.

MP3 pleeze?

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts

A buddy here got into a nice jazz collection... I grabbed a few. The M'Boom is good for an 80's piece.

Wish I could equal High C's moves and say I found the Burton Inc. in the dollar bin..... sweeeeet.....

instead I had to flip a few records.

• otari 2 track

1940's valco national amp

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Props on the metal raer. Is that Obituary joint a single?

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts

been after this one for a while - even in Detroit

Plaese to post soundclip!

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    has a gnarly "If you think I'm Sexy" cover...

I just heard this for the first time recently. Totally ridiculous.

MP3 pleeze?

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

been after this one for a while - even in Detroit

Plaese to post soundclip!

one of my favorite double siders. thanks to aaron/breakself for finding it at kusf and letting me keep it.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Props on the metal raer. Is that Obituary joint a single?

No, it's an LP from last year. I guess it's not a "find" when it's from
    Newbury Comics, but it looked good next to the Celtic Frost, which WAS a
    find ... I'm feeling the SkeletonWitch up top even more!

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    new discovery for me. Poet Carole Lynn singing poems over jazz backing. only really one cut im feeling, even though she goes out of tune quite often. i like the vibe, anyone diggin' this?

Carole Lynn-Dark_ Dark_ Ghetto.mp3 - 3.88MB

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

hip hop 12s are mint and were $4 each. (Yes, I will trade).
    Beatles is EX+ and a 2nd press mono. Got for $10 - worth considerably more from what I understand.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

Where did you score the TOBE?
    I haven't seen one in a couple years and I live in Seattle.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

Beatles is EX+ and a 2nd press mono. Got for $10 - worth considerably more from what I understand.

you would think that, but I just got a whopping $26 for one on the bay. Bonafide Mono 2nd press...hold on to it and try and find a Beatle nerd.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

you would think that, but I just got a whopping $26 for one on the bay. Bonafide Mono 2nd press...hold on to it and try and find a Beatle nerd.

Yeah it's booked at $200 for NM. And there's a sealed one on the bay at over $350 so far. I think it comes down to the condition... judging by the other copies on there which are VG at best and only fetching around $20. I totally didn't buy it for resale though, it's mono and in ex condition and great for listening to. I just cannot F*ck with the fake stereo pressings.

• yesterday i went to a charity shop, amongst all the tepid jazz funk compilations and herp albert albums i got this:

for ??3.99, its the reissue, the sleeve is rinked beyond belief but the LP is mint and its

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

So dude shafts her up the gary with a fiddle and then has it away on his toes?

b/w

from a charity shop on Saturday afternoon:

• yeah, when i saw it in the racks in oxfam i let out a little yelp, then poker faced it when i took it to the counter, as if i was buying another copy of rise, then got home asap to check it out. If you want to hear it its up here

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Charity shop does not sound grimy, I prefer the American use of thrift.

Do thrift stores give their proceeds to charity?
    Charity shops used to be looked down upon, now seen as very green and part of the whole righteous recycle steeze.

'Thrift store' sounds like it's used by paupers. The term could never catch on here.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Do thrift stores give their proceeds to charity?
    Charity shops used to be looked down upon, now seen as very green and part of the whole righteous recycle steeze.

'Thrift store' sounds like it's used by paupers. The term could never catch on here.

There are thrift shops, and then there are charity shops in the USA - Goodwill, Salvation Army, Disable American Veterasns, and religious charity shops which are casually called "thrift" store in my parts. The chartiy are non-profits that do donate all proceeds to the needy, or special groups. The real "thrift" shops I think are a for profit store who may donate some remainder of profit to charities or groups. Someone will school me on this, because I don't have a degree in charitable economics.

Mate' and mummy don't catch on here either.

Good, they're not words I would use, either.

I prefer 'pal' and 'Oi you' respectively.

• TreehouseTreehouse 120 Posts

pretty rad swap meet find.

Doris Vanega hyuk hyuk
    if you swap two letters around hyuk
    it spells Vagena

hyuk hyuk

• TreehouseTreehouse 120 Posts
    That's very insightful! I would have never picked up on that.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Charity shop does not sound grimy, I prefer the American use of thrift.

My word for "old ladies selling old crap" is more street than yours.

• retroretro 33 Posts

hard to find even in Poland, well known though
    anyway, my cat digs it