who fux with panasonic lumix cameras?

GaryGary 3,982 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
I have my eye on the DMC LX3 something feirce. a little pricey, but its giving me gear lust. anybody got one of these or have any experience with panasonic cameras? so far the reviews look pretty good.

Comments

• Don't have an LX3 but very happy with my Panasonic DMC-FS5 Lumix as a point and click (FWIW I have a Canon 400D as my DSLR). The wide angle is great for landscape shots and makes a powerful, compact holiday camera (prior to that I had a Ricoh R8 which was excellent but had really crap flash).

Also, apparently the Lumixes are super similar to the Leica digital cameras - same camera and lens, just badged as a National Panasonic so a little cheaper than the Leica digitals (obv not talking about the $$$$ rangefider type cams).

• coolchriscoolchris 301 Posts
    Don't have an LX3 but very happy with my Panasonic DMC-FS5 Lumix as a point and click (FWIW I have a Canon 400D as my DSLR). The wide angle is great for landscape shots and makes a powerful, compact holiday camera (prior to that I had a Ricoh R8 which was excellent but had really crap flash).

Also, apparently the Lumixes are super similar to the Leica digital cameras - same camera and lens, just badged as a National Panasonic so a little cheaper than the Leica digitals (obv not talking about the $$$$ rangefider type cams).

I own one and think it's a decent camera, and yes it's essentially a poor man's leica digital (same body and lens).

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    so you which lumix do you own? I had my eye on the tz5, but then the Lx3 started to get me all hot and bothered. of course its twice as much, but its got a nice big sensor in there, perfect for low light and low ISOs, and big as wide angle... like 24mm I think. zoom is only 2.5x though.

its so tempting, but I don't really have that kind of money to be spending either.