Sound Triangle Discog Info?

ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
I'm trying to fill in my Sound Triangle discography; I know there were probably lots of releases but I've only seen a few dozen. Anyone have any info that they can add?--especially on the earlier stuff (LP or 45). I know there are some Florida dudes on here...Thanks.LPs:ST-7772 Conjunto Cosmopolita: Tremendo FiestonST-7773 Coke: CokeST-7774 [Orquesta] La Suprema: La SupremaST-7775 Los Jovenes Del Hierro Por Tierra Y Por MarST-7778 Ray [Fernandez] and His Court: Ray and His CourtST-7779 Opus: OpusST-7780 Wild Wind: Wild WindST-7781 Signs of the Zodiac: Signs of the ZodiacST-7784 Orquesta Suprema: The Salsa FamilyST-7785 Pearly Queen: Treasure HuntST-7788 Los Jovenes Del Hierro El BilingueST-7789 Luis Santi Y Su Conjunto: Abran PasoST-7793 Clockwork: ClockworkST-7794 Various Artists: De La Salsa Lo MejorST-7797 Mantrap: MantrapST-7798 Continental Brass: A La OrdenST-7799 Various Artists: Miami's Greatest Rock BandsST-8000 Luis Santi Y Su Conjunto: El BigoteST-8005 Luis Santi Con El Cuchilla El La BocaST-???? Mantrap: Mantrap II45s:ST-7774 Coke "Bun Bun Bun/Got to Touch Your Face"ST-7775 Orquesta Suprema "Vive Tu Vida/"Los Tiemps Del Pasodoble"ST-7780 Ray & His Court "Cookie Crumbs/Soul Freedom"ST-7790 Pearly Queen "Quit Jive' In/Jungle Walk"ST-7795 Pedro Espina Y Su Guaguanco "Coexistencia No/Liborio Esta Cansado"ST-7796 Luis Santi Y Su Conjunto "Cambia El Paso/La Chancleta"ST-7799 Orquesta Suprema "Voy Pa' Borinquen/Esta Navidad"

Comments

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    didnt coke get rereleased with another name?

i got that signs of the odiac, but the pressing is none too good..."no quiero que te vayas" has a lot of hiss. anyone have quiet pressings?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Opus... I've seen some of their records--don't know the catalog #s though.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Every Sound Triangle OG I've encountered is a crappy pressing, some being almost unplayable.

Coke is the worst--I haven't heard one that's not jacked.

• coolchriscoolchris 301 Posts

i got that signs of the odiac, but the pressing is none too good..."no quiero que te vayas" has a lot of hiss. anyone have quiet pressings?

Name change due to Coke Escovedo.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I sold an Opus LP to some strutter, maybe they can help.

Both Coke and Opus have REALLY weird alternate covers that make no sense. Dunno if those have different catalog numbers though.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts

They changed their name to Opus. On the cover of 7779 one member is clutching a Coke LP. And there's also an LP of Beatles covers that contains the Opus One LP... tax dodge weirdness?

Also there's another compilation:
    STS-7794 Various Artists "De La Salsa Lo Mejor"

There's a few other weird releases. In Florida I found a pile of klesmer records on sound triangle.

Clockwork and Mantrap must be pretty rare! Never seen a copy of either.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

I would love to get an MP3 of the Coke jawn that sounds okay...

They changed their name to Opus. On the cover of 7779 one member is clutching a Coke LP. And there's also an LP of Beatles covers that contains the Opus One LP... tax dodge weirdness?

Also there's another compilation:
    STS-7794 Various Artists "De La Salsa Lo Mejor"

There's a few other weird releases. In Florida I found a pile of klesmer records on sound triangle.

Clockwork and Mantrap must be pretty rare! Never seen a copy of either.
    There's a copy of the first Mantrap on eBay right now.

Here's a pic of the cover of Mantrap's second record on ST that I found on their myspace page:

This is the only track I've heard from them:

"Suavecito"

http://www.divshare.com/download/7340685-9f2

Yeah, I meant seen in person. I've seen both clockwork and mantrap pics before.

Wow.... that cover is comically awful, but I kind of enjoy the sound sample!

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

ST-7778 Ray [Fernandez] and His Court: Ray and His Court
    ST-7780 Wild Wind: Wild Wind

Done

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

i used to have a sealed and opened copy that played without any problems. traded it a while ago though.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    This (kinda...)

Manteca-Ritmo Y Sabor (Sound Triangle/Daro) GRC-1085

Also, that Coke 45 "Gotta Touch Your Face", Is allot rawer sounding than the lp version. Has allot more Reverb/Distortion to the vocals. I should get rid of the spare that I have.

• J_RoyJ_Roy 33 Posts

I think my copy plays pretty well. I'll try and put it up when I get a chance.

There's loads of overseas stuff, but we're only talking domestic, right?

• J_RoyJ_Roy 33 Posts

Coke - S/T @ 320kbps

Saw this today:

(Colombia press)

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Both my "Coke" and my "La Suprema" sound OK. La Suprema is a french pressing though.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Saw this today:

(Colombia press)

whoa! oh I meant..

• esskayesskay 221 Posts
    I found a copy of the Opus-"Musica De The Beatles-Discotheca" Sound Triangle LP over the weekend. Tracks are:

Tu Amor No Esta
    Martha
    Man Of Many Words
    Interpreta Opus
    Wontory
    Sin Ti
    Beware
    Get Yourself Up
    Go Away
    Tu Retrato

Any idea on raer factor & value?