Moving internationally w/ decks etc..

Ayrotollah77Ayrotollah77 415 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
I'm jetting to Brasil for awhile and wanna bring my tables, mixer, some records and stuff..Anyone have any experience with this..Is there anything beyond fedex/ups and that sketchy shit?Got bad experiences shipping with them already through moving within the states.Also how much can you bring on the plane?.Any input is greatly appreciated.peace-p77

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Where in Brasil? SP? Rio?

You do not want to ship anything of any value to Brasil. You will get eaten alive by customs and the import taxes. No offense to the wonderful people and country I live in here but correios/sedex/customs will straight up steal things out of packages. I'd say bring the mixer with you on the plane and cop some technics here.

Generally you can check two bags under 50 lbs on the international flight and then more depending on space, and at cost by weight. Still going to be way easier than shipping because you can declare the items personal belongings that aren't subject to taxes. Just don't make it look like any of the stuff you're bringing in could be for resale.

• Gong to be living in SP..How easy is it to cop technics out there??

• retroretro 33 Posts
    oh man.. i feel you on that one. I'm moving in two, three months and gotta take with me a s950, pt01, sp1200 and some vinyl.. i need some kind of a custom flight case for an sp+950, something on wheels. haha

• ArtichokeArtichoke 112 Posts
    you can take one turntable in flight case as carry-on!! check dimensions. mine made it perfect. mixer in checked bag. buy other table there if possible. wouldnt ship anything. definately check your airline carrier for baggage allowance.
    peacey
    arti

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Gong to be living in SP..How easy is it to cop technics out there??

Not too tough, much easier in S??o Paulo than in Rio. There's not quite the massive supply of used techs but I think it's reasonable to think you could get a decent used pair for about 500 US, and they keep their resale value.

If you need when you get here I can put you in touch with some people who know where to go.

• If you need when you get here I can put you in touch with some people who know where to go.

That'd be cool..I got some dj friends who maybe could help but if i go that route i'd like to cop some right away.So pm me with ya info if you can.Thanks-P77