Online price guides

DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
Beyond Popsike and Collectors Frenzy what are people messing with? Who here pays for Popsike or the like?

Comments

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    if by "pay for Popsike" you mean "delete my popsike cookie and restart my browser whenever I get locked out" then yes; yes i do.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I have paid for popsike in the past but I'm considering not renewing - they have actually been losing auctions, stuff I used to see there isn't on there anymore, and their pick-up is just totally random. What was once a pretty comprehensive site has slowly devolved into something bordering on misinformation.

At the end of the day, the best price guides are your ears and eyes.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

At the end of the day, the best price guides are your... eyes.

This is what me and reynaldo have been saying.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Yeah but Reynaldo's price guide is sub-popsike. It's like groovecollector or something.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Willie, I tried that cookies thing. When I login it still has me locked out. SHould I be doing something else?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Yeah but Reynaldo's price guide is sub-popsike. It's like groovecollector or something.

Ouch. He does now have a facemelter of a mission statement up.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    hm...not sure...i'm using firefox, and after however many uses i always get the "please login to continue" page after i try to look at a record on popsike. whenever that happens i open up my cookies, search for popsike, delete the two or three cookies that show up, close my browser, restart, and shazam. every now & then it doesn't work, so i first make sure that i close the tab/navigate away from popsike, then go through the motions and restart.

good luck.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I have paid for popsike in the past but I'm considering not renewing - they have actually been losing auctions, stuff I used to see there isn't on there anymore, and their pick-up is just totally random. What was once a pretty comprehensive site has slowly devolved into something bordering on misinformation.

At the end of the day, the best price guides are your ears and eyes.

It almost seems like just searching the completed auctions listing on ebay is better anyway, if the item comes up enough to appear. I guess it's ok to get the historic sales but how relevant is what something sold for in '06?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    It made not be totally relevant but at least you get an idea if something is worth more than the usual $10. There's lots of moder soul and disco that I wouldn't have a clue if it's any good. I just ain't into that.