Rapidshare Download Limit

spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
Sorry if I'm late to the game here, but does anyone have a surefire way to get around the rapidshare download, "wait 15 minutes" limit? Restarting or asking for a new IP doesn't seem to do it...do I have to mask my MAC address?

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I usually just wait 15 minutes.

• Google around. I remember reading about something you can type in the command prompt which gets around it.

• i don't think that prompt way works anymore since they got rid of captcha on their downloads, its now either wait or pay for one of their premium accounts.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    ipconfig /release and then renew maybe?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    pay for one of their premium accounts

It's worth it...

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    definately.. always downloading with 1.2 - 2mb/s (at late night here anyways)

• anasarcasmanasarcasm 365 Posts
    co-sine on paying for the premium account. It ends up being about $9.50 US per month. I've never downloaded enough to warrant getting an account in the past, but recently I won a contest [free account for a month] and have to say the dl speeds make torrents seem prehistoric. The only down side is DL overload.

• the only down side is DL overload
    yes, definately, when i had a premium account with them i was downloading anything & everything i could find on blogs etc- i had some real terds on my hard drive for a while afterwards!

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    i upload more then i download really..seldomly i download some hd movies (yay switzerland where downloading is legal but its illegal to upload and share copyrighted media/files )