Just to be Shure...

LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
The Moog post reminded me.... One of the boys in the crew stumbled onto this nice retro piece of equipment, it also comes with two Shure speakers around 1.8m. Its got tubes inside that seem to be still working cus when you turn it on you can see they light up...but we havent been able to get any sound to go thru it. Anyone know anything about this type of equipment? Or know what we should do with it? I can get better pix of the outputs/inputs etc... Any help is much appreciated....By lokoone, shot with Canon EOS 400D DIGITAL at 2009-05-06By lokoone, shot with Canon EOS 400D DIGITAL at 2009-05-06

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Dude... get those clothes into a wardrobe already!

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Hate to break it to you but that's just a bunch of noisy mic pre's in a primitive mixer/amp combo.

• lelandleland 43 Posts
    I'm afraid I have to agree with Spelunk, bad news.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shure-Vintage-Vocal-...6QQcmdZViewItem

$50 buy it now if you want another one to hollow out, stack on top of the first one, and make a dresser.

Vocal master was Shure's 60s PA line. Noisy stuff meant for live use...

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    damn.... the shit looks good though.... ah well saves us the hassle of trying to fix it up....cheers for the heads up....

Kinetic..that aint my clothes in the b/g...at my house all the clothes live on the floor

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    On the other hand, many years ago I'm about to play a gig when my guitar amp blew out on stage for no apparent reason.

Without missing a beat, I plugged my guitar into one of those and got a nasty-ass guitar sound that was way better than what I was getting out of my guitar amp - saved the gig for sure.

Not shure if that helps, but they aren't totally useless.