Switched On Moog - Moog for sale **BALLUERS ONLY**

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    This thread reminds me???I've got a Moog and an ARP my uncle gave me a good 16 years ago hanging out in my Mom's basement I need to get rid of. I'll post up some pics at some point.

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    Umm, Holluer at your boy? Bring with on trip posibly? YES

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I'll get you some pics and test 'em out. My uncle gave them to me when I was 14 because I played so much guitar, but I didn't know how to play keys and never tried to learn. Now my Mom is going to be moving at the end of the summer, so everything has got to go. I honestly forgot about them until I was cleaning out her basement the other day.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Aren't those things wretched to keep in tune though?

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    "We have no idea what it needs in order to make sounds. Perhaps a few tubes and a power supply would get it going. You collectors will know more than I do about it. I can barely work a light switch."

Aren't those things wretched to keep in tune though?

wretched is probably an overstatement, but yes they drift. I tried to fix the one boy Dj Day's Rogue and was schooled on how American technology of the time paled to Roland's japanese circuitry. The problem, in a nutshell, is that the circuitry ahs heat issues, so as it warms up it has problems keeping tune, but once at a stable operating temperature, should maintain fairly well (like longer than 20 minutes of being in tune). That being said, this moog is pretty much one of a kind and should fetch at least 11,000$ me thinks. It is as close to museum piece as you can get.

And for you breakbeat sample dudes - yes you can run your beats through this thing, you can substitute patching an oscillator for your funky loops. YES THAT JUST HAPPENED

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    real headz rock rolands.

NICE ONE!

• lelandleland 43 Posts
    Holy plastic cow! That is something else, nice spotting. I would so love to play with that...

Using a modular synth to process samples is a must. These days, its crazy how many different modules are available, and you can make racks that don't even have sound generators.

They are reasonably priced too!

On a slightly different tip, peep the ridiculous SEM expanded module they've got over here. Those SEMs sound amazing, so fat.

http://www.analoguesolutions.com/

Roland dude, you rock, I'm sure thats fun. Through the tape delay with that real dark reverb is just beautiful. When I'm in Japan, I'm on the hunt for roland stuff.

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    yeah its alot of fun.. working on some dub and 60s styled electronic stuff now. two tape echoes and a total of 3 spring reverbs. theres been alot of going on.. mostly without recording tho.

Leland and Doom are my new best friends

• doomdoom 305 Posts

thats how i feel most all the time

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    One of my biggest fears is getting into modular stuff
    I recently missed out on a Prophet 5 and Moog Source locally. Someone on another island has an ARP 2600 and Xpander for sale but that might be a bit too much for me..

• lelandleland 43 Posts
    Anybody ever get their hands on one of these? Buchla 200e...

That would look nice next to your tree console!

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Anybody ever get their hands on one of these? Buchla 200e...

That would look nice next to your tree console!

GEEZ, gonna need a lot of fuskin hands for that...

Buchla started out as a build-your-own synth company, no?

• lelandleland 43 Posts
    No, I don't think so. Don Buchla is a synth pioneer like Moog, and built his first modulars in the 60's. He even had touch sensitive controls and plates on his synths then! He's always been on the cutting edge (expensive) and was one of the first digitally controlled synth guys too.

Maybe you're thinking of Paia? They still still sell DIY electronics including synths.

• corsiccorsic oakland, ca 232 Posts
    Damn, if I only had some Gs to throw around. My only real find was a Rogue for $250, like 8 years ago. Dude was getting Nord (ha) instead.

Doom, what is the unit above the space echo? I want it and I don't even know what it does.

• GnarliamentGnarliament 375 Posts
    has anyone used an Roland MC 202? What is it like?