weekday finds(or in my case..trade)

ageage 1,131 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
Search is now done and over....Thank you Cool Chris for the trade!!

Comments

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Search is now done and over....

Thank you Cool Chris for the trade!!

You finally got it??

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Congrats....insanely raer and great record that I have only seen once IRL.

• check the photo of the cover, dude is being such a show off on one of those "look i got a raer record for $1 and trying to flip it" tips- , but great find dude!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

check the photo of the cover, dude is being such a show off on one of those "look i got a raer record for $1 and trying to flip it" tips- , but great find dude!

WHOA!!

Wait a second....is there TWO peressings of this LP?

I plainly remember photos of the dude in NYC on his chopper being on the back cover....or was that an insert??

• Wait a second....is there TWO peressings of this LP?
    it seems so yes, check this one here, it has a different records label design to the one on that ebay auction- anyone know which one is the og? my guess would be the popsike one being a reissue of dubious origin possibly.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    what was on the other end of the trade?

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    I've only seen (and heard) of the statue of liberty.I'd love to see if there is an alternate back cover (or even an insert).

Thanks folks!!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    check the photo of the cover, dude is being such a show off on one of
    those "look i got a raer record for $1 and trying to flip it" tips

Uh, that sticker is probably 35 years old from a cutout bin, dude.
    I doubt dude paid $1 for it, or is trying to "show off" ... was he supposed
    to photoshop out the sticker or something?

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    check the photo of the cover, dude is being such a show off on one of those "look i got a raer record for $1 and trying to flip it" tips- , but great find dude!

Jeebus dude...that's 90% of the f*cking "finds" posts on this board.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Wow..crazy! Mine looks like this (below),

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    the picture on popsike is the label my copy had, or should i say the copy cool chris has filed.

peace,xavier

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

Can the verb "gozar" mean "to orgasm" in Spanish too? Cause that's how it's used in Portugu??s...in addition to "are you kidding me?"

Can the verb "gozar" mean "to orgasm" in Spanish too? Cause that's how it's used in Portugu??s...in addition to "are you kidding me?"
    Verb

gozar (first-person singular present gozo, first-person singular preterite goc??, past participle gozado)

1. to enjoy oneself

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts

Verb

gozar (first-person singular present gozo, first-person singular preterite goc??, past participle gozado)

1. to enjoy oneself

I dunno man. That guy looks like he just came in his pants.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Mentally she's at fault for the way that she danced, and now he's

JIZZED

IN

HIS PANTS

• ageage 1,131 Posts

Man, really nice!!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    since we're on the latin tip, I just got this the other week:

Plus the 12" of "El Rumbon". I figured I'd let one go but now that I have both finally, I feel like keeping both. Oh well.

since we're on the latin tip, I just got this the other week:

Plus the 12" of "El Rumbon". I figured I'd let one go but now that I have both finally, I feel like keeping both. Oh well.
    I was going to cop that LP after hearing "El Rumbon," but then I heard the rest and decided not to. I was hoping to hear some deep Cuban Jam Session type stuff.

• pencilfacepencilface 674 Posts
    some recent guff - - probably my lot for the month, as i'm stoney broke (as always!)

Top left is a total one-tracker... but what a track!!! exactly the sort of mental german funk i loves!!
    dead pleased to finally get a copy of SADOWSKI's "na Kosmodromie" - -lovely stuff, if a bit tatty!
    really enjoying the JOHN RENBORN. alot.
    i think i sold this copy of TIGER B SMITH to plastic wax, btu it was cheap and i couldnt remember how it sounded so i bought it again

ROMUALD & ROMAN (mental polish beat that is fairly psychedelic and quiet and meanders about the place. a-side i nparticular is amazing)
    top right is a limited reissue of two great french-beat tracks - an affordable way to get hold of one of the great CLOTHILDE tracks
    LUV MACHINE - "witches wand" (there sems to have been a box of minty ones discovered recently as there's been loads about for less than the previous going rate. suits me, great song that ive been after for a bit)
    ROOSEVELT FOUNTAIN - "red pepper" (ace groovy organ tity-shaker funk stuff.)
    VARIATIONS - "i was down" (definately oen of their better tunes.)
    thought i should nab the FK release to keep me going unti li've got some money for the "sounds of wonder" comp...

the HENDRIX has a few nice funky tunes (with some ace open breaks in the left-channel if you change the balance on the stereo!!)
    the JACK JONES has an amazing version of "spinning wheel". really.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts

The homie age hooked it up with a fat stack of salsa 45s!

Thanks again, man.

Here are some of my favorites with audio:

http://www.divshare.com/download/7300031-0c1

http://www.divshare.com/download/7300301-9ea

http://www.divshare.com/download/7300302-20d

http://www.divshare.com/download/7300300-784

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Whoa..that was fast!!
    Glad you are happy with them and yeah, that Conjunto Universal is one of my favorite tracks.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Highlights from the past week.

And thanks to meaty ogre for hooking this one up:

• End of the week - brought home some piles of spoken word, foreign, funky, jazzy and simply weird from the library. Most were covered with a bulletproof plastic cover, and hardly played. Here is a shot of some spoken word high lights. Literature:

Dolphins, Cowboys, Baum, Nin -- a step up from my usual spoken word finds.

African-American oriented spoken word (and a lil' native american). Actually I got a couple of dozen native american song and spoken discs in this find, but can't find that photo.

Some more library finds: Charles Dodge and everything around the edges. Also in here is an Al Green record and a Rolling Stones 45. I found them right after a visit to the eye doctor and they put dilating drops in my eyes. I had planned to wait the drops out by digging for records in the two charity shops near the doctors.

I arrived to discover that I was totally freaking blind at close range and could barely make out LP covers, let alone read the little print on 45s. I could make out the Al Green because of the 'strutter's avatar. And the stones 45 looked positively clear . . . hmm.

Finally - this morning I hit a dozen yard sales. Quite a few records, but only one that compelled a purchase. A damaged 2 story victorian estate sale whose boxes included a life history of a folk fan. Almost all of the records were obviously carefully handled, and the sleeves were almost all damaged. Folkies!

But some fun records in there. And an MPS George Duke, and a Bennie Maupin record? I'll take em.

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts

WHOA!!

Wait a second....is there TWO peressings of this LP?

I plainly remember photos of the dude in NYC on his chopper being on the back cover....or was that an insert??

I thought I remembered this correctly....here is the back cover on the copy I saw.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    now someone post a picture of the spine

• ageage 1,131 Posts

Oh fudge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!