Hatton vs Pacquiao tonight

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
It's England versus the Philippines this timeI'm really excited about this one. Is everyone here rooting for Pacman?On a different note, Frieson Fire to win/place/show.

Comments

• grahamgraham 201 Posts
    I'll be going for Hatton even though I'm not British I'm in Manchester so gotta go for him. Its gunna be a late night/early morning, 4am start here, ugh. Theres only one Ricky Hatton!!!

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    i like both fighters alot, but i think Hatton is going take it... he's bigger and stronger...

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    really? Everyone I know thinks Pac is going to win. I don't really think size is a factor with him, he seems so small but he destroyed Golden Boy. I personally want Hatton to win and everyone who I am going to watch the fight with is going to be against me (aside from the one mexican still sore from the de la hoya's defeat). That said, Hatton has never been defeated at this weight, so it should be interesting. But he does have a bony face that seems really easy to cut up

i hear you, but one fight against an old Oscar hasn't convinced me... i mean, oscar was barely there...

this fight is gonna be fun... two guys who don't focus too much on defense... manny is def going to go for the head and cut hatton... hatton is going to work the body and try to wear pacquio out... i think his size will help him do that... like you said, this fight is being fought at hatton's ideal weight...

not taking anything away from manny, i just think people underestimate hatton as a fighter,,,

• I fancy Ricky's chances in this one

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    i guess the brits are the only ones checking in on this thread. hatton is going to get torn apart. enjoy the city victory for now ricky, it's gonna be a long night :P

• JahBooGieJahBooGie 92 Posts
    I'm going with pac-man. watching the 24/7 special on HBO right now!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I'm from Manchester but have to favour Pacquiao here (not just because I'm a Utd fan!). Pacquiao is quicker than Hatton and a better technical boxer, and although a lot people keep saying Hatton is a bigger man than Pac has fought before, Hatton is still not a knock out puncher like the likes of Urango.

The only way I see Hatton winning is wearing Pacquiao down with body shots, but I believe Pac is quick enough and smart enough to stay away.

So I take Pacquiao by UD, but hoping for a great fight. Hopefully I can watch Game 7 of the Celtics V Bulls first too.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The wildcard is whether or not Hatton's new trainer can teach an old dog new tricks.

If not I pick Pacman....he's a lot quicker than the "old" Hatton.

• CONCEITCONCEIT 145 Posts
    I got a bill on Hatton.

AHHH! 50-1 dark horse for the win! so jealous but I got airfare pocket change from Pioneer of the Nile and Musket Man to show. Less than an hour to more betting! Go Ricky!!

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Prediction: Pacman knocks out Hatton in the 7th

• CONCEITCONCEIT 145 Posts
    Hatton in the 9th

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    OH SHIT! 2 knockdowns in the 1st round.

Wow, that left hook paralized Hatton. I really expected the fight to go for more rounds.

wow.......... what a performance.... pacman cements his place in the pound-for-pound pantheon... my hat goes off to him.......

• mayweather sr. is seriously a douche. shows up 5 minutes before match, tells hatton to retire after TKO, and doesn't even come to hatton's aid at the time of knockout.

congrats to manny though!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Full fight:

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    Great match. As popular as MMA can be, there's nothing quite like fight night.

On a different note, Frieson Fire to win/place/show.

He messed up all my exactas, too, finishing 18th. Thank god I tossed a throwaway win bet on Mine that Bird.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    Full fight:

gottttam!! its hard to even tell where he caught him..on the chin? man, they were checking for hattons tongue after that shit

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Great match. As popular as MMA can be, there's nothing quite like fight night.

Totally disagree. I used to enjoy boxing, but compared to MMA, it seems so boring now, what with the ref cutting in every few seconds.

But I must admit that was one clean-ass knockout.

ok, watched it a bunch. straight on the chin...hatton got sidestepped and caught out there. Paqs a southpaw so he basically put it all into that sledgehammer. straight up game over. wow

for the record i like MMA better, but a good fights a good fight in any league. and bad fights suck anywhere too

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

slomo of the hit

wow hammered for real
    hatton must have already been slow and not fully there, cause although it was quick, that was a big old round house that hatton didnt even seem to pick up peripheraly. pacq actually opened himself up when he threw it. i guess the replay is in super slow mo.

Even though i wanted Hatton to win, i had a feeling Pac would.

But not like that.
    THAT was amazing.

I just wished that lil monster would have waited until the 4th round for me

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    i must be the only person here who thinks Hatton is totally over rated

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    i must be the only person here who thinks Hatton is totally over rated

No sir, I've never thought much of Hatton either. He lacks skill, thus making him a 'B-class' fighter on his best day. He will NEVER beat the 'world-class' fighters of Pacquiao's and Floyd Mayweather's caliber. And I wanna send this out to Ricky 'The (Got) Hitman' Hatton:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Pacquaio vs Mayweather

That check is in the mail.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Watched it in a packed Manila cinema, rowdy.

Those Russia vs Canada and Brooklyn vs Chicago prematches were far more exciting.

• Hatton looked sloppy through out all of it.