Mweslee 7" is dope

Same with the rest of the 7x7 series. Can't wait for the Dimlite 7x7x0

• young_creamyoung_cream 540 Posts

Mweslee 7" is dope

Same with the rest of the 7x7 series. Can't wait for the Dimlite 7x7x0

word, i got the hud mo one which is good as well

• minimini 879 Posts

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

Is the Toussaint 45 worth something? I know the album gets a couple bucks but I got that 45 a few months ago for 2 bucks...
    No idea, I just like it.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

That Magic Sam is my favorite blues LP ever. I wish "That's All I Need" was on 45.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    From the last week. Mostly field finds. The blurriest one is "Disco Juice."

• magic disco machine scratchin always kills it when i put it out for dancers - never seen that 12" of it though.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    magic disco machine scratchin always kills it when i put it out for dancers - never seen that 12" of it though.

I think it's a Canadian press - I see it pop up now and then.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    It seems more like a bootleg re-edit, same thing on both sides. Goes on for ever. Cool though, my copy is thrashed.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    It seems more like a bootleg re-edit, same thing on both sides. Goes on for ever. Cool though, my copy is thrashed.

I think it might be an original which I believe was Canadian only. The collection I found it in didn't have any records in it after 1980 so if its a re-edit its an early one.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

I think it might be an original which I believe was Canadian only. The collection I found it in didn't have any records in it after 1980 so if its a re-edit its an early one.

I'm not saying it makes it any less raer or desirable, but I think it's from around 79/80 and is a DJ oriented boot similar to the 7 minute Apache on the mysterious Arawak label

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Finds from Pasadena

• bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    How is that El Michels Affair tribute to Black Moses thing?

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    after a meeting with my boss, we went into a small thrftshop i had never noticed and i found this:

just the cover, but then found the vinyl in a separate crate.mint, in the plastic inner sleeve.
    never found nothing of phill's in the field before.
    digging on the clock

also last week i was driving through the hood and i see some little kids raising up a cloud of debris by a pile of trash. i looked closer and saw 45s splintering and flying in the air. i uturned and when i walked up yon4 yr old was trying to break a bill dogget "honky tonk popcprn" in half, to no avail. they were methodically destroying a small suitcase full of soul 45s. i explained to them how the beat sounded on the bill doggett record and they proceeded to carry all the 45s to my van. lotta soul records with some frnk sinatra mixed in. bill doggett was beyond salvation

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Guzzo.....is that the "psych" Chubby Checker LP??....I've never seen one.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    I got a package from Lagos:

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

yes thats the only US issue I know of. All the other issues of it I've seen were on euro budget labels.

this one is on 51 West (another Budget label, but this one bleeds red white and blue)

• Drove an hour and a half after work today to Columbia Sc for a record show that would probably be closed by the time I got there. Pulled up, people mostly loading out- saw a dude with two boxes marked soul- so I asked him if I could dig through it really quick- he said "sure"

Dug through and pulled

Belita woods- magic corner &
    We the people on lion

Both super cheap.

Slid to the bar after party- people we're having a blast, good soul being played- with nice vibes- good bar.

Everyone said the record show was great- wish I would have come earlier- but wouldn't have had it differently.

Nice scene- good peoples.

• and I think I saw T...

yes thats the only US issue I know of. All the other issues of it I've seen were on euro budget labels.

this one is on 51 West (another Budget label, but this one bleeds red white and blue)

Very Cool.

Can you please post the best track??

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    How is that El Michels Affair tribute to Black Moses thing?

totally freaking great - they killed it.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    I got a package from Lagos:

goddamit. thats enough outta you

actually, that looks like you got at least ten copies of some A&M titles and maybe some bozz scags.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

The US OG is cassette-only

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Tough call!

If I could only keep one track it would be "Goodbye Victoria" but
    it's not easy to call it the best. This record is far easier to pick
    up from outside the US. There's a decent sized Belgian pressing, which
    turns up. I know you aren't an eBay shopper, Rock - but my advice to
    grippers is to search French and German eBays, it turns up underpriced
    sometimes as it is on a budget label.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    saturday fleazzz

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Very Cool.

I'm a fan of the sappy "If the Sun Stopped Shining"

Here is SoulonIce's favorite track

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    i heard there was u.s pressing of the chubby checker that looks like a christmas album. i'm super happy with my uk press on london records, thanks to the-non.

And i agree with mark, "goodbye victoria" is my favorite, my 2nd pick is "tunnel of love", the break down in the middle where chubby gets mad philisophical is the shit!

peace,xavier

Thanks for posting those.....I'm with SOI....second cut was damn good.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

Guzzo, We are on similar digging planes. I just got the Belgium pressing of that Chubby Checker lp.