Sal P of Liquid Liquid on EVR with me last night

DongerDonger 854 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
So Sal P was cool enough to hook me up with a couple of demo versions of tunes he recorded way back when. I called him last night to ask if it was OK I play them on EVR as I was a guest DJ last night. Not only was he cool with it, he told me he had more unreleased tunes from his post Liquid Liquid group "Fist of Facts" recorded in the late 80s, so I invited him down to the show with me, and he dropped a couple of sick unreleased cuts on us. Apparently he is cleaning them up, and they should be released on some UK label this summer. Yay!http://www.eastvillageradio.com/modules.php?name=evrshow&showid=103Oh yeah, I am DJ'ing left field styles on this bitch, playing some weirdo stuff and some funky stuff and some Caribbean stuff some Afro stuff and some disco and some outer space shit too. Sal P comes on during the later half on in the show, and we chat it up a bit. Dig it...

Comments

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I want to listen but the link isn't working.... ideas?

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    Thanks for the tip. i think it is working fine now. When you get to the page, click on "listen to latest show here". Let me know if you have any issues.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Let me know if you have any issues.

I'm attracted to women who are in situations that preclude the possibility of a long-term relationship. I think it's a subconscious fear of commitment.

I also probably drink too much.

I have an inherent rebellious streak that may be working against me professionally.

I'm listening to a file called NoFlashwRonMoreIIiPeteLeonard-04-30-09. Am I doing it right?

Never mind. You just announced the Sal P appearance.

Not for nothing, Justin, but you appear to be talking to yourself.

I know it. I don't usually do much of that, though.

Yeah, well, you might want to watch that. I don't think you need any more issues.

Yeah, well, you might want to shut your f*cking piehole and mind your own business, son.

Whatever, dude. I'm out of here anyway. Good luck with your burgeoning neuroses, dickhead. I'm bagging out and going to the bar.

Oh, word? So am I, actually. Sorry about the piehole remark. Want to head out together? I'll buy you a drink.

Let's do it. Peace, y'all.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    I am scared of commitment.

Yes, that is the correct file

• wholewheatwholewheat 437 Posts
    thanks for this, Donger!

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Great stuff, thanks!

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    Glad you are digging it.

That tune he did called "Industrial Dub" is f*cking nuts. He used black & decker tools like drills and a chain-saw to get the sounds for the track!