London: beers & records & chatting breeze

DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
Although I prefer the phrase "You're chatting wank, mate", but didn't want to encourage Dolo.When: Monday 11th May.Where: Filthy McNasty's, on Amwell Street just down a bit from Angel tube.Who: UK Strutters, anyone else who's passing through.Why: Those top blokes at VG+ are declaring a funk amnesty - come along, hand it over and no questions will be asked. C'mon, I know you guys are holding.Alternatively, it's a chance to take disagreements regarding the fantasy league to the next level (as in, picking Lampard/Torres/Ronaldo/Gerrard is just plain wrong).Anybody down?

Comments

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Hey Duderonomy

Is this kicking off in the evening? I'll be playing football 6 till 7 but could probably come along for a few afterwards if it's acceptable to attend dressed in a suit with a post run around red head similar to Jim Robinson's dying moments.

Due to the bulk of the football gear I wouldn't have any records on me but would be happy to criticise everyone else's choices (as in Soulstrut, as in life)

B/w Is it true that VG+ people have tails?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Could well be up for that.

So what do we do? Take along a couple of weird records that suck and/or a bit of funko italiano and shoot breezes with other dysfunctional dudes?

Sounds like record nerd crack.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Sure it will be in the evening... I never make it into London til gone 7pm anyway, and I don't think bringing records along is mandatory, just an option... as a guest I wouldn't want to cart along a crate with me and hog the decks all night anyway, but might bring a few cuts on the off-chance that the barman wants to clear the pub out at closing.

Who else on here is near LDN then?

People are dodging the invite?

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    Didn't respond as I am in Nottingham, which kind of rules it out for me.

in 2009 we should be able to video-conference you in

Max Headroom steeze

Jimster, would you take a 45 or two along?

I'm thinking it wouldn't be polite....

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    My vinyl is in another house, like Gilles Peterson, only, I used my own money and looked for the records myself.

meow

Hell, what's the son of a millionaire diplomat to do when offered the lifes work of a vinyl junkie er... junkie for down-the-diplomat's-sofa change?

Duder and Senior: well?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    No show. Dude let me know he couldn't attend so after consideration I decided that turning up after I'd finished football breathing heavily, sweating profusely and generally looking like I was on the way out while exclaiming that "L** told me about this" would not be the best move I'd ever made.

Next time though.......next time........

(I need a graemlin that's looking the other way and whistling...)

After talking it up I failed to walk the walk - bit of a long walk to London though, and I'm no Dick Whittington. Previous commitments and moolah kept me in Oxford. Will make the next one. And I'll re-bump this.

Damn

Duder you blew up that thread on vg+ and then didn't turn up.....

I hope you don't cop any flak for that

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    No flack, just hope some of you guys can make the next one!