What you know about the wax??? (NRR)

verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
So evidently the Hollywood Wax Museum is auctioning off a bunch of statues. http://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/18666/page3 Some of these are kind of cool, but others are like whoa. The Julia Roberts one is straight hideous.I'm cool with 6" figurines, but who wants a life-size figure chilling out in their house?

Comments

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    So evidently the Hollywood Wax Museum is auctioning off a bunch of statues.

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/18666/page3

Some of these are kind of cool, but others are like whoa. The Julia Roberts one is straight hideous.

I'm cool with 6" figurines, but who wants a life-size figure chilling out in their house?

I'm going for the Natalie Portman as Princess Amidala from Star Wars figure - 5'10" tall! Melt me a couple holes in that sucker and its pure love. Whoop whoop!

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    Sashay, Shante. Sashay, Shante

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I'm going for the Natalie Portman as Princess Amidala from Star Wars figure - 5'10" tall!

I saw her in Harvard Square a few years back, and I'm pretty sure she's around 5' 3"-5' 4".

She also had a big zit on her forehead and did not look particularly attractive in her gray hoodie.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I'm going for the Natalie Portman as Princess Amidala from Star Wars figure - 5'10" tall!

I saw her in Harvard Square a few years back, and I'm pretty sure she's around 5' 3"-5' 4".

She also had a big zit on her forehead and did not look particularly attractive in her gray hoodie.

Pffft, you probably couldn't even see her elbows to see if you were feelin' 'em or not! I can't trust your judgement.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Like she gives a F*ck what you think.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Those models certainly make me appreciate Madame Tussauds a hell of a lot more.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Those models certainly make me appreciate Madame Tussauds a hell of a lot more.

Haha, saying... I remember when I went there laughing so hard at how bad they were, especially when I went round the corner and saw the Seinfeld ones, Elaine's has the face of a naked mole rat.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    nnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooo

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Elaine's has the face of a naked mole rat.[/b]

You mean Julia Roberts?

It could be yours for $2000.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I wish I had the money to buy them all so I could remove the head from the identifying clothes and then create a parlour game of guess who this is meant to be.

Noone would ever guess the Bruce Springsteen one in a million years.

Logan Flemming is some kind of warped genius, just look at the carnage he brings:

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/search?q=Logan+Fleming+&org=yes

• why does marty have a comb-over? maybe this is supposed be a blend of 1984 and 2015 marty.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts

blend of 1984 and 2015 marty.

2015 Marty is animatronic. Little motors in there just make him shake.

Items from this auction, combined with the Michael Jackson one, could make for the creepiest house ever.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    ^^^ hahaha so wrong on the shaking

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    ^^^ hahaha so wrong on the shaking

yeah, it's okay to make that joke about MJF, but don't mention Ali...it doesn't work as well...

anyways:

sprittysicc beat too

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

Yeah Natalie Portman might be 5'4", but Princess Amidala is 5'10"!

I don't know why you would be surprised with her zit and hoodie, aside from her acting skillz (and bank account) I'm sure she's just as susceptible to acne and casual clothes as the next 20-something girl.

Plus her real last name is something like Herschlagg. I'd choose a stage name too...