Can't we have a Hide-all-sports function?

disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
Just asking.

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• unityunity 179 Posts
    the german is asshurt because there is no bundesliga thread, and the austiner is asshurt because his teams didn't make the playoffs...or just that he lives in austin

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Don't be soft.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Hockey IS[/b] Hip-Hop!!!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Hockey IS[/b] Hip-Hop!!!

file under: jokes that are only funny to rockadelic

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    damn dude. hide sports function? you don't have to read them if you don't want to.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    don't know about sports, but someone should put an end to those "Portable TT" threads.

And while we are at it, those f*cking funny youtube video of the day threads. I get the same video by email 14 times, I don't need to check SS to find it again.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    That's what happens when sports and music get to close to each other.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    This thraed is worse than the any sports thread.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Just asking.

Do you ever contemplate how sports do absolutely nothing? It's just guys running around throwing or hitting things.

• Options
    Just asking.

Do you ever contemplate how sports do absolutely nothing? It's just guys running around throwing or hitting things.

Dude, do you play any sports? Or have you EVER played any sports?

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Record Collecting isnt competitive?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    disco_che, as I recall form another poast you're back on the strut after a 5 year absence.
    FYI nowadays the board is like Maxim magazine.

Just asking.

Dude, do you play any sports? Or have you EVER played any sports?

I did as a youth, and my kids play now.

Record Collecting isnt competitive?

Oh yes, they should make a TV Show out of it like one of these woodworking shows. I would definitely watch that.

disco_che, as I recall form another poast you're back on the strut after a 5 year absence.

I'll try to give it a spin in the Gourmet magazine direction.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    ART IS SPORTS
    SPORTS IS ART
    http://sparts.wordpress.com/

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

I'll try to give it a spin in the Gourmet magazine direction.

This is a great idea, and I agree we should move forward with this idea.

Thank you,
    Elise

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    I couldn't care less about who's in the playoffs other than knowing just for the sake of knowing for conversation sake, but its really easy to ID the sports threads, isn't it?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Just asking.

These thoughts consume me......just like music is ...you know....just guys playing instruments and notes and stuff.

but its really easy to ID the sports threads, isn't it?

First thing I do when I buy a newspaper is dump the economy and the sports part. I looked at all these 10plus-page sports threads and asked myself if there could be a virtual equivalent to this but it was just an ironic remark I wanted to make. Sport related topics are much easier to ignore on Soul Strut than on TV/Radio.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Just asking.

These thoughts consume me......just like music is ...you know....just guys playing instruments and notes and stuff.
    Life is just... living.

• ...the austiner is asshurt because meatheads in burnt orange overrun his town.

• ...and true, although i have no interest in the sports threads, they are easy enough to dodge.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    There are a total of 2 sports thread on the front page right now.
    Its really not that tough to scroll past these threads

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Does this count as a sports thread?

Also, is somebody going to ghost bump the thread about swimming not being a sport or what? that shit was great.

Just asking.

In literal terms, yes.

I just don't get the overemphasis on sports - particularly on professional sports. I enjoy watching my kids play - I have a vested interest in them and I think it is a positive experience. However, people that shit their pants over professional sports - it makes no sense. It's a business, period. Although there are plenty of discussions on just about anything, I don't see people crap themselves over the performance of Target, for instance.

Case in point, click here: http://www.cleveland.com

Scroll to the bottom of the page and look at the middle section which has a summary list of the 10 most commented news articles from the Cleveland Plain Dealer. Currently NINE[/b] out of the 10 most commented articles are about professional sports (right now, football/Browns). Not the economy, politics, the swine flu, the massive corruption probes going on locally, or unemployment.

And that is AS I WRITE THIS. You could be reading this thread next year and the top slots will be sports.

It makes no sense. None. It's grown men playing a game. Yeah, it may be entertaining, but it is not that important. It is guys throwing a ball around, paid so you will separate yourselves from your cash for tickets and merchandise. That's it. That's all there is to it. Nothing else.

Music is the same, but you don't see people crap themselves over the latest 50 Cent CD. Not like with sports.

• Just asking.

In literal terms, yes.

I just don't get the overemphasis on sports - particularly on professional sports. I enjoy watching my kids play - I have a vested interest in them and I think it is a positive experience. However, people that shit their pants over professional sports - it makes no sense. It's a business, period. Although there are plenty of discussions on just about anything, I don't see people crap themselves over the performance of Target, for instance.

Case in point, click here: http://www.cleveland.com

Scroll to the bottom of the page and look at the middle section which has a summary list of the 10 most commented news articles from the Cleveland Plain Dealer. Currently NINE[/b] out of the 10 most commented articles are about professional sports (right now, football/Browns). Not the economy, politics, the swine flu, the massive corruption probes going on locally, or unemployment.

And that is AS I WRITE THIS. You could be reading this thread next year and the top slots will be sports.

It makes no sense. None. It's grown men playing a game. Yeah, it may be entertaining, but it is not that important. It is guys throwing a ball around, paid so you will separate yourselves from your cash for tickets and merchandise. That's it. That's all there is to it. Nothing else.

Music is the same, but you don't see people crap themselves over the latest 50 Cent CD. Not like with sports.

One thing music and sports have in common...

If you don't get it, you won't get it.

Also, your last paragraph is so far off it is OUT OF THE BALLPARK.

Plz start a thread to get all jerseys eliminated from hiphop videos. We should really work on that.

Music is great. Sports are great. Get over it.