Jermaine Jackson Shine!!!

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
I gotta give this cat some shine. Ive grown more impressed w/ his output from the J5 to Switch to W.Houston, over the years. I just copped a sealed "jermaine" lp'80(pretty decent). Im just sayin, living in that big ass shadow he has maintained his own w/ no real props from the public. Show this brother some love.

Comments

• pasepase 89 Posts
    I thought you were talking about all that vaseline he wears on his face. you seen this dude lately?

I'm saying, dude definitely doesn't need any more shine. That fool is blingin!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I gotta give this cat some shine. Ive grown more impressed w/ his output from the J5 to Switch to W.Houston, over the years. I just copped a sealed "jermaine" lp'80(pretty decent). Im just sayin, living in that big ass shadow he has maintained his own w/ no real props from the public. Show this brother some love.

I remember reading that Jermaine was the one guy at Motown who Marvin Gaye always felt threatened by. Supposedly Marvin was really insecure about being outshone by Jermaine, that Jermaine was going to trump him with a solo LP or develop the career that Marvin wanted for himself. Seems weird now, with history making an icon of Marvin and a footnote of Jermaine, but Jermaine had some serious chops and evidently had some important folks pretty impressed.

Appreciation duly noted!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Its seems that Motown didnt really throw their weight behind him after the first album. I like his output after he split w/ his brothers and stayed w/ Motown.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Its seems that Motown didnt really throw their weight behind him after the first album. I like his output after he split w/ his brothers and stayed w/ Motown.

LET'S GET SERIOUS! that's my shit right there

Mr. Wonder really laced him w/ that joint.

I remember reading that Jermaine was the one guy at Motown who Marvin Gaye always felt threatened by. Supposedly Marvin was really insecure about being outshone by Jermaine, that Jermaine was going to trump him with a solo LP or develop the career that Marvin wanted for himself. Seems weird now, with history making an icon of Marvin and a footnote of Jermaine, but Jermaine had some serious chops and evidently had some important folks pretty impressed.

Appreciation duly noted!