Ponderosa Stomp, JazzFest, etc.

we_eat_trainswe_eat_trains 112 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
Anyone here going?

Comments

• I wish.

I just got back from NOLA last night and was bummin about missing it all after talkin to friends about the shows that were going down.

Some of my friends are going and I hate them for it.

• Yeah I saw you were playing at that Eddie Bo tribute, wondered if you were sticking around. How was that?

• It was a blast.

I wish bay area folks got that excited about good music and teh ladies around here knew how to shake like that to old records.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    harry killed it the other night. ( )

just hit the first "true" jazz fest gig of the year: drive by truckers first w/Booker T & then a 2nd set with Bettye Lavette feat. free grey goose all night

will be at the stomp (lookin forward to meeting at least 1 strutteur there) including record show and will be around for assorted jf days & nighttime gigs - particularly looking forward to tomorrow: Como singers in-store performance at Domino Sound records & then Dengue Fever + Chicha Libre later that night

holleur if you're around

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    I'll be at the stomp. Also DJing the Pre-Stomp "Hipdrop III" party Monday night.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I cant go, gotta work....but if you roll through Memphis, T*n*, we gotta go bowlin' again, and I discovered a couple of out of the way food spots that are incredible and you have to try...holleur if you are staying at Jones'

• Como singers in-store performance at Domino Sound records

damn. that's fresh. i wish i could witness that.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I'mma be in NOLA next weekend and going to Jazz fest that Sunday (the 3rd).

Can't wait...

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    If the good Lord's willing, the creek don't rise, and the car don't stall, I'll be out there too.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I'm seriously thinking about heading down I-10 for this.

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    If the good Lord's willing, the creek don't rise, and the car don't stall, I'll be out there too.

Hope to see you there since I won't be able to make it to your 'ville in June.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

Hope to see you there since I won't be able to make it to your 'ville in June.

Ah, so you're comin' after all! Cool.