Tripledouble's Recipe Thread

autoauto 198 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
Similar to motown67's Iraq and Reviews thread, this thread is a place for Soulstrut's tripledouble to share his cooking recipes and techniques with the world. Here's a few he shared some time back. Please add on tripledouble.
i like simple, easy to make stuff.today for lunch: whole wheat tortilla wrap with some good cheese, toasted for 2 minutes, then i through on a lot of local spring mix and some salsa. delicious.whole wheat pasta with marinara sauce is key. cheap too. splurge on good quality parmigianoexperiment with other grains. my ol girl used to cook some barley up lovely. amaranth and quinua are other interesting and very healthy grainss. nice with some asparagus or fish or whatev.bake sweet potatoes with olive oil drizzled on top as well as salt and rosemary. 400 degrees (nojuvenile) for 30 minutes, depending on thickness of the cuts.broccoli rabe, boiled or steamed for a minute or two and then sauted with garl;ic and olive oil. add sharp provolone and put on a nice whole grain roll. the best!stirfrys are so easy and so dope. for a sauce, mix soysauce, honey, ginger, touch of rice vinegar(any vinegar will do really). leave veggies bite size and slightly crunchy.those swedish crackers...wasa,etc. are a great addition to any diet. eat them with slices of cheese and drops of tabasco. use them as bread. dip em in guacamole.speaking of which, dont buy guacamole. just get a nice avocado, ad some chopped onions, a touch of garlic, some lime (or lemon or vinegar) lil salt... so easy. so dope.black bean dip...easy recipe: saute a small onion and a clove or two of garlic. add a rinsed can of black beans. add chili powder and cumin (crucial) and a touch of salt. heat, blend in food processor. add a touch of water to blender to whip up the dip and make it fluffier. you can add some grated cheddar on top, but not necesary. this shit is slamming.if you eat meat, work some lean beef and cabbage into your diet. cabbage is king

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I vote we extend this to include Elise' recipes.

My stomach growls every time I read her Facebook updates!

• autoauto 198 Posts
    tripledouble's tomato sauce ???

basic basic sauce:
    chop an onion and saute till clear
    add one chopped garlic clove for another minute
    (add some red hot pepper flakes if heat is desired)
    add a 26 oz. can of tomatoes (it can be sauced, crushed, diced, or simply peeled)
    add salt and simmer to achieve desired thickness (should be a touch watery)
    serve over a lb of any type of pasta

from there, you can add anything. veggies, meat, herbs. sugar is really not necessary. fresh tomatoes are desirable when they are ripe and in season...out of season supermarket tomatoes can often be dry, which wont offer enough juice. canned usually are canned with some salt and often w/basil leaf(a plus!). make the above sauce w/your desired ingredients, but the basic has much delicious beauty in its simplicity.

invest in good parmesan cheese...skip that green bottle kraft shit if possible

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    whoa!
    no patent needed. theres much more knowledgable heads on the strut. i'm all for compiling more easy prep healthy tasty one sentence recipes

i dont eat tofu, but heres a good one:
    cube a block of fresh firm tofu. mix with cooked but firm, bite sized broccoli that is at room temperature. season with salt pepper oil and vinegar. eat it cold. very good.

i like seitan a lot.
    cut it in thin slices and sear it (cook in a pan briefly at high heat til its a little charred). throw it on top of a salad. eat

• whitelilywhitelily 155 Posts
    Tony I miss your cooking!!! Curried beans and broccoli!!!!!!!!

ewww, did we really eat that?

carrot salad...grate carrots on the raindrop setting of the four sided grater (not the little teenie one...the one thats about a 1/4 inch wide). add salt pepper olive oil vinegar (go lite on the dressing and 2 oil to 1 vinegar). stir and eat.

mushrooms. clean.saute in pan w butter (or oil) and herbs (sage is nice). eat on toast or on top of pasta.

ooh. if you got sage: melt butter w/sage in it and put on top of a package of gnochi from the store (trader joes sells some that are decent). put parmesan cheese on top

hobo dinner: saute small onion, add a clove of roughly chopped garlic when onions clear. after 30 seconds, add a can of kidney beans (drained or not). add tabasco if you like it hot. eat under a bridge.

when you have too many apples. wash and core them. chop roughly into cubes. put in a big pot with an inch of water and start cooking with the lid on. stir occasionally. add a lil salt and cinnamon. you can blend with a hand blender or potato masher if you want or leave chunky. about forty minutes should do it. dont bother peeling the apples unless you got a lot of time on your hands

that last ones applesauce

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    Nice!

I've been meaning to try Kale Chips.

Ingredients:
    1-2 big bunches of kale
    1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
    1 tablespoon oil
    coarse salt (to taste) or favorite seasoning blend

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 350.
    Wash and de-stem kale. Chop or tear into "chip" size pieces.
    Spread onto baking sheet. Pour the apple cider vinegar, oil and seasoning (1-2 tablespoons) onto kale. Mix to coat all pieces.

Bake for 10 minutes or until crispy. Serve immediately.

Serves: 3-4
    Preparation time: 3 minutes

• whitelilywhitelily 155 Posts
    ewww, did we really eat that?
    um duh, yeah and it was damn good!

whoa...i'll have to try the kale chips.

heres a typical spartan like meal that you can expect to eat in tripledouble prison

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    i like seitan a lot.
    cut it in thin slices and sear it (cook in a pan briefly at high heat til its a little charred). throw it on top of a salad. eat

Haha I remember going to that crazy seitan factory back in the day.

I throw a few leaves of kale in my smoothie every morning. Cuts down on the sweetness.

i like seitan a lot.

Word. Hail seitan.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    i like seitan a lot.

Word. Hail seitan.

I like it a lot too. And it's so easy to make yourself, no need to buy it at the store.

i like seitan a lot.

Word. Hail seitan.

I like it a lot too. And it's so easy to make yourself, no need to buy it at the store.

Recipe?