digs got dugged: 7/26 thru...?

karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
digdigdig this next pic are all doubles/upgrades. holler on the PM if you are looking for attica, barkays or byrd. the rest im probly keeping (or the copy that this one upgrades is too rough for trading in good concience) these all came together in a box. all weird label soul and some early rap and such...best batch of 45s ive ever found, mostly old store stock. ive decided to keep them filed all together in that box, which i now call the 'off the chain box'. SO much good listening going on right now...

Comments

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Got...

Damn....

That??s all.

- J

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    are any of those stang 45s whatnauts?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Speaking of...

I copped:

Courtesy of the TriplePhilaHobo

&

A minty:

Courtesy of M*rkLatency

And for the curious minds, it was ALL LOVE when mylatency and tripledouble connected last night. Too bad shorty had my camera, or else I would have had pictures to prove it.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    it was ALL LOVE when mylatency and tripledouble connected last night.

did you have to hose them down?

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    those zebra 45 sleeves look kinda............, where have i seen them before ??
    trenton ?

• ZeusZeus 162 Posts
    a pm has been sent

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    Nice pull man, I'd like to see a list of what 45s those are since I can't read um all.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    An interesting and surprisingly funky thrift store dig from yesterday:

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Karlaphone--what's the title on PMP on the lower right, and can you tell me what the address of the label is?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Karlophone, I will take LTG Exchange off your hands if it is burdening your raer stash...

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

is the Guilford label from NC? my friend went to college there. ...just wondering.

nice friggin haul

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Karlophone, I will take LTG Exchange off your hands if it is burdening your raer stash...

That's a nice one...never seen one that the cover wasn't beat until now!

• Nice pull man, I'd like to see a list of what 45s those are since I can't read um all.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    what's the title on PMP on the lower right, and can you tell me what the address of the label is?

flame and the sons of darkness "solid funk/something" on P&P... should be a NY addy

what's the title on PMP on the lower right, and can you tell me what the address of the label is?

flame and the sons of darkness "solid funk/something" on P&P... should be a NY addy

That PMP is part of the P&P umbrella?

There was once a little studio/label across the street from my old apartment that had put out records as both PNP and PMP, but I don't think they had any connection to Brown or Adams. The setup was really just this guy's apartment, and it still has a sign in the window decades later--he claims to have been the drummer for the BT Express, although I'm kind of skeptical about that.

• chrischris 287 Posts
    the p.m.p. record in the picture is flame n' king "human".

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

should be a Flame N' King project. Put out quite a number of funk as well as some northern releases. I've had a few of them. Picked up a boogie 12" on the PMP label a couple weeks back. No NY P&P disco scene connection that I'm aware of.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    the p.m.p. record in the picture is flame n' king "human".

and there you have it.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    whoops... i just saw pmp and registered it as p&p... my mistake...

PMP was a harlem label that also did rap records in the 80s. address i have is 46 west 120th st.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    y0 Karl...

Nice finds!

whoops... i just saw pmp and registered it as p&p... my mistake...

PMP was a harlem label that also did rap records in the 80s. address i have is 46 west 120th st.

Yeah, that's the one--I have the Sons of Harlem rap 12" and have had a few other things from the eighties--used to live across 120th St. and about eight brownstones down.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    This is the one that I picked up. It is Flame N' King.

NIce stuff but will most likely go on my next 12" list.

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
    Got these for 50 cents each on a sale thing on a eBay store. Waiting on a good amount more to come in soon.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    A woman brought in one box of LP's into the store today of which I bought about 25. In the box were four long time wants. Weird thing is that they are all from completely different genres.

Yo La Tengo - Fakebook (Bar None)
    OST - Rosemary's Baby (Dot) sealed
    The Roots - Proceed 12" (Okay Player?)
    The Barbarians - Are You a Boy or Are You a Girl 7" (Laurie)

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

its actually "human" by flame n'king on side dr-p 1300

b/w

"brandyfoot" by flame n'king and the pazant bros. on side dr-p 1400

c.1984

no address anywhere.

are any of those stang 45s whatnauts?

yes, one is 'you forget too easy" b/w we'll always be together"

the others are:
    seldon powell and company 'more shame' pt 1 and 2
    and hank ballard and the midnighters "hey there sexy lady" b/w same, inst.