Elzhi - Deep (The Feed)

spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
Anyone have a better mp3 of this than the 128k that's been circulating? Looking forward to buying the album...http://www.zshare.net/audio/5894319514e79a1d/

Comments

• I;m mailing every underground hip hop producer new breakbeats for christmas this year.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Hahahaha. True. I was kind of surprised I liked this because Black Milk's beats are usually about as gloomy as the state of the Detroit economy. California Soul is just one of those breaks that I never get tired of.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i personally love black milks production, but no more common breaks please

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    or at least chop em up....pretty much a str8 loop.

i'm feelin this though , Elzhi is dope

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    I;m mailing every underground hip hop producer new breakbeats for christmas this year.

Yo Thes,

Be sure to mail those out to Kanye and 9th Wonder too!!! There is no excuse for "big time" producers to not have enough breaks. I was deeper in the breaks back in 1990 as a broke college student!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• that's what i'm saying stacks.

AND it's not like these dudes can't take that shit to the breaks and download a bunch of drumbreak MP3's at this point.

But again, if producers don't care, why should we. Not like anyone is buying music anyways.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I remember being so obsessive about producing my first EP (the group Birds of a Feather that I was in). I made sure I didn't use any breakbeat twice, and I had drum fills to match up with the breaks. Back then, we made beats with principle and attention to detail. Now, cats slap shit together for the quick cash!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• So wait, you don't want to hear this new joint I made with Apache? Goddammit. All that time spent on soulseek was for naught! ARRRRGH!

So wait, you don't want to hear this new joint I made with Apache? Goddammit. All that time spent on soulseek was for naught! ARRRRGH!

Hey Shawnald,

You must use "Substitution" or "Long Red" on multiple songs, chopped and sequenced in different ways as a show of greatness . Also, you are required to sample "Uphill Peace of Mind" and "Funky President" in several productions for different artists. Most importantly, you gotta freak the "All Night Long" drums for every beat to really be "the man." I'm being picky, and playing a bit, but sometimes cats can be real lazy on the drum tip.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I don't have anything against common breaks per se. If the beat itself doesn't sound tired, it's all good. The Kano/Chase & Status song using Apache sounds better than most of the old school/funk-oriented beats I've heard lately.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Most importantly, you gotta freak the "All Night Long" drums for every beat to really be "the man."

• Big Stacks,

Academia must not foster the detection of sarcasm. I know the deal. Occasionally some cat will be looking through my rekkids and be like "Oh, so that's where those drums came from!" cuz they download off of the interwebs. I'm not hating, but it seems akin to plagarizing (that is, letting someone else do the hard work for you). Knamean?

• ReedReed 97 Posts
    So wait, you don't want to hear this new joint I made with Apache? Goddammit. All that time spent on soulseek was for naught! ARRRRGH!

Hey Shawnald,

You must use "Substitution" or "Long Red" on multiple songs, chopped and sequenced in different ways as a show of greatness . Also, you are required to sample "Uphill Peace of Mind" and "Funky President" in several productions for different artists. Most importantly, you gotta freak the "All Night Long" drums for every beat to really be "the man." I'm being picky, and playing a bit, but sometimes cats can be real lazy on the drum tip.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak
    You mean Keni Burke "Risin' to the Top"?

Big Stacks,

Academia must not foster the detection of sarcasm. I know the deal. Occasionally some cat will be looking through my rekkids and be like "Oh, so that's where those drums came from!" cuz they download off of the interwebs. I'm not hating, but it seems akin to plagarizing (that is, letting someone else do the hard work for you). Knamean?

Hey Shawnald,

I totally detected your sarcasm, that's why I shot back with some myself. I was when I read your post. I'm a smart-ass too!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    ughhh...long red...

if i hear, "louder...now clap your hands to what he's doing..." one more time...

thes, hook me up! i can use the breaks. hahaha

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
    even if you're using common breaks, isn't there a way to layer and eq the sounds so it won't sound like you just slapped on a common beat?