reguarding funkyou!

analog_tapeanalog_tape 604 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
I would like to know how the frick this guy is turning up all these 45's. I have seen some of his auctions the last year and they are stacked with rare shit. I was told that there were only a couple copies of Black Aces Of Soul out there and this guy has auctioned two this year alone.

Comments

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    He is raiding SOULHAWKS's turf on the reg.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    it's MAGIC

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

word through the grapevine is that he recently pillaged a mid-Michigan jukebox supply place - dudes up there are still salty

spending 2 billion $$$ on direct mail gets you some records, it's not exactly a secret

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    spending 2 billion $$$ on direct mail gets you some hammered[/b] records, it's not exactly a secret

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    i said it before here but i can't understand how direct mail would be cost efficient. the amount of shit leads it would stir up would drive you crazy.

i've also noticed in my gmail box i guess there's a lot of contextual record talk buried in those emails so i often get paid search ads We Buy Records from some crusters in Long Island and Amoeba. I often click on them just to cost those idiots 50 cents.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I'm wondering what funkyou makes per year. Just curious.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    more than we do

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I didn't know Funkyou! took bodyguards to Detroit and needed to be reguarded. Times is tough.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    I didn't know Funkyou! took bodyguards to Detroit and needed to be reguarded. Times is tough.

Yeah, but he stays makin' loot irreguardless.

suckas need bodyguards

it's true

• why the frick would he take bodyguards to Detroit? Dude carrying a suitcase full of money? Is funkyou! that guy Chily C and that other young guy?

don't ax me, you're the one that said he needed to be reguarded!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    cause the geto is skary and people need hand holding

• i'm not a big fan of guns, but maybe he should consider packing the 4 pounder.

the scariness of Detroit is overstated - people here are so broke they think twice about using a bullet

• i heard ya. Do you know if funkyou! is one guy, or is it those two guys on the myspace account?

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Didn't they interview this cat for a WaxPo issue a few years bak??

• the scariness of Detroit is overstated

for the most part, it really is a huge ghost town -- you can drive all over the place and see NO ONE outside, walking, hanging out, etc. so you're right to an extent, but damn are there spots that i would rather not have to drive through --

delray, brightmoor, pilgram village, highland park, east side -- like harper & van dyke area, etc

on the real tho, scary shit can pop off at any time - my landlord lived in Indian Village - just beautiful old homes over there - he got robbed and pistolwhipped at 2 PM on a Sunday in his own backyard - 2 guys in ski masks & guns came over the back fence when he was chilling on his patio with his wife & infant son

it's no joke

[Jay Dee]
    Where I'm from, niggas be waiting to break you off
    They'll see you out in the streets and they peepin you out
    Let em catch you slippin and end up with a piece in yo mouth
    It ain't over cause they got the keys to your house
    Your weed and your car bout to spend your G's at the bar
    F*ck that!! I know betta you cant floss round niggas with no cheddar
    See these niggas with no cheese they hungry for real
    They hunting to kill and will give you somthing to fill up in the field
    7 mile and Ryan niggas dyin, tryin to pump gas and got pumped in the Ass
    Shittt betta get something to blast back at them some, this happen huhh

[Bridge]
    Clap on, clap off,
    Clap on, Clap off,
    Never take your muthafuckin strap off
    Keep the safety on but don't take it off

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    I was under the impression that a lot of his big ticket pieces are on consignment from various collectors around the globe.

So when dude's got a dozen or so level 10 rarities up, its not really because of some mythological digging maneuvers. He's just the stateside version of johnmanship

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Jason Koenig's been in the game a while now for a young dude and he's got the re-up.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    I heard Funkyou! cleaned St.Louis out and hit Detroit hard. And is still working the Midwest.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    cleaned St.Louis out

lol

he cleaned out Detroit too

no one there has seen a record in months!!!

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    No oneder he's so widely reguarded.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I wonder if mylatency has cleaned out San Diego yet. If not, dude needs to step his game up.

months!!!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I wish he would clean out the glove compartment in my truck

I wonder if mylatency has cleaned out San Diego yet. If not, dude needs to step his game up.

I have confidence that Moark won't rest until he has ebayed every last VG Jethro Tull lp in the whole SD metro area

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Should I be worried about funkyou! cleaning out Canada?