Wizards From Kansas Question (RR)

funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
I was digging in Portland, ME this morning and got a wlp copy of the Wizards From Kansas LP for six buck (I only picked it up because I'd seen it mentioned here). Are those Popsike prices realistic? This would definitely be the find of the trip...

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I was digging in Portland, ME this morning and got a wlp copy of the Wizards From Kansas LP for six buck (I only picked it up because I'd seen it mentioned here). Are those Popsike prices realistic? This would definitely be the find of the trip...

There is a re-issue....the Mercury OG has a textured cover......not sure what Popsike says but it should be $100-$200.

• I was digging in Portland, ME this morning and got a wlp copy of the Wizards From Kansas LP for six buck (I only picked it up because I'd seen it mentioned here). Are those Popsike prices realistic? This would definitely be the find of the trip...

There is a re-issue....the Mercury OG has a textured cover......not sure what Popsike says but it should be $100-$200.

I don't remember the cover having texture (the LPs are all out in the car). Was the re-ish pressed with white labels?

I don't remember the cover having texture (the LPs are all out in the car). Was the re-ish pressed with white labels?

I believe so.....and maybe a little fuzzy on the label print....the texture is not real coarse but you will be able to tell pretty easily.

• I was digging in Portland, ME this morning and got a wlp copy of the Wizards From Kansas LP for six buck (I only picked it up because I'd seen it mentioned here). Are those Popsike prices realistic? This would definitely be the find of the trip...

I believe so.....and maybe a little fuzzy on the label print....the texture is not real coarse but you will be able to tell pretty easily.

Now I'm wondering. I'll have to go get the record after I get the kids to sleep. I'll post a pic if I'm not sure.

Anyone know about a band called the New Zealand Trading Company on the Memphis label??? That one I'm sure is an OG.

Anyone know about a band called the New Zealand Trading Company on the Memphis label??? That one I'm sure is an OG.

If I remember correctly it's cheesy funk rock.....$25-$40

• Anyone know about a band called the New Zealand Trading Company on the Memphis label??? That one I'm sure is an OG.

That's cool. I have a taste for that particular genre.

• The reissue I have has a red label, not white.

I'll have to check it out thoroughly in the AM. The label is definitely white, and the print is very clear. I'll report back when I have more info.

I'll have to check it out thoroughly in the AM. The label is definitely white, and the print is very clear. I'll report back when I have more info.

I need more wizards in my life!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I could have sworn the Wizards reissue I've seen around lately is Scorpio looking.

• I could have sworn the Wizards reissue I've seen around lately is Scorpio looking.

What's that mean J*ff????

• Anyone have any run out groove identifying marks with which a concerned WFK owner might make a determination of authenticity (real heads and what not)???

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    my copy has sr61309-a-m1 / sr61309-b-m1
    nice find

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

please tell me where I can get that price for that terd....you fall over them around here, theyre everywhere.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I could have sworn the Wizards reissue I've seen around lately is Scorpio looking.

Has a glossy cover, obvious cheapo reissue looking.

• I could have sworn the Wizards reissue I've seen around lately is Scorpio looking.

Has a glossy cover, obvious cheapo reissue looking.

Here's the deal. The cover, while not textured appears to bear some age (not at all glossy, significant corner wear and some ringwear around the outside). The matrix #'s in the run off are 61309-A / 61309-B. The labels are white with black type (very clear). Anyone???

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

please tell me where I can get that price for that terd....you fall over them around here, theyre everywhere.

Yeah, that's a $10 record maybe ... I bought it based on the
    great soul records on that label hoping it would translate into
    something interesting, but no dice. I remember one kind of
    stoney maybe faux-island sounding track that was OK, that's it.

• Couldn't this quickly be solved w/ the white cardboard versus thick American style test?

Saw one at ARC for $35......obviously it was still in the seller's crate.... Not my sound at all .....when I saw the high price I figured it had a braek or somesuch........I don't understnd the "braek" game very well.

Couldn't this quickly be solved w/ the white cardboard versus thick American style test?

My guess is that without a textured front cover it's one of at least 3 re-issues/boots.