ya ever get tired of having expensive taste?

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
picked up a CD of Hector Rivera "At The Party" out of a clearance bin today...has a bonus track called "I want a chance for Romance"...completely bangin' tune, played it over and over saying to myself "I gotta get this 45"fuggin $700 recordthis always happens, every damn time I hear something that really grabs my ear, it turns out to be some baller piece...especially lately, I havent heard a cheapie that has grabbed my earhole in a while...sigh.dang.

Comments

• HamHam 872 Posts

• 3rdshow3rdshow 168 Posts
    yes..

• theres a reissue 45 with the i want a chance for romance on it b/w the instrumental if you cant spend $700 on an og. i know the word reissues polarises the strut but i think its worth getting just to tide you over until you come across an og.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts

[/quote
    I just got excited when I head the song and saw the cover, a good song I don't remember being on there...but then I pulled out the LP and realized you had said "bonus track"....good record anyways, but now it just feels incomplete.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    I feel the same about more than just records

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    i feel the same about lunch

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    theres a reissue 45 with the i want a chance for romance on it b/w the instrumental if you cant spend $700 on an og. i know the word reissues polarises the strut but i think its worth getting just to tide you over until you come across an og.

Mod DJs here in LA are wearing that reissue out at every 60s club night. I ain't complaining.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    This track was on the Broasted Not Fried comp, which had me scrambling
    for records for years. I think the only things I have from that on
    some kind of legit wax are Harlem River Drive, Monguito Santamaria, and
    Pete Rodriguez. I hate comps for this reason in general, especially garage
    comps. With garage comps, not only can you not afford the singles, but half
    the time you couldn't even find them for sale even if you had the money!

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Yep, it was on "Broasted or Fried" and on another slightly crappy Latinsoul comp called "Latino Cool".
    I would be trippin if I found the OG for cheap but I'm happy enough having it on the compilation.
    Dancing people don't care if you're playing it from comp or OG and I don't care about non-dancing people (when DJing).

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I never get tired of having expensive taste.

• Say word. I earned mine, was not born with it.

11 years ago I was eating plain whoppers and wearing champion hoodies.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Say word. I earned mine, was not born with it.

11 years ago I was eating plain whoppers and wearing champion hoodies.

word, and now Gucci flip-flops and $250,000 mixing boards is all a brotha knows.

• i'm sayin