The Official NYC What You Doin Warm Weather Thread

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
its beautiful out. gonna be better tomorrow....what u doing?ima go on a hike upstate

Comments

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I was just drinking tea and reading outside. I gotta work tomorrow, but I'm definitely gonna be out and abouting before that.

This is the kind of weather that outside was invented for.

• The gal is taking a half day from work and we're going to the Botanic Gardens in BK. I'm geeked.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Gonna go put in some work and lamp in the back yard.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I'm in Boston, but I'm going to play anyway.

I'm going to bag out of work at about 3, head home, grab that dip, hit the liquor store down the street for a bunch of Jameson nips ($1 a pop? Nice one!), then hit the Cambridge commons to play whiffle ball. Then probably head down to the waterfront to my friend's bar and drink free Jameson with IPA backs.

P.S. - I rule at whiffle ball.

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    yesterday i played hooky from working the whole afternoon and sat on various benches downtown soaking up sun with my friend jaqueline from senegal who has been my houseguest here all week and is leaving in an hour. gonna have an iced cortado, outside, make some work moves on the phone, outside, and bounce to philly for the weekend for work and for magnolia tree appreciation.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Playing my first gig in almost a year in Philly tomorrow, behemoth hope your right about it being even nicer cause I'm going to be outside all day.

Gonna try and bounce work early today, go uptown and get some chunes together, hopefully outside somewhere...

• Spending it in a giant office tower with hundreds of other frowning people.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    drink free Jameson with IPA backs.

DB, it's cool if you and I meet in real life, but you will not be allowed to meet my wife. She will leave me for you. The above phrase merely spoken in her general vicinity would be enough to get her open like a PBR at the hipster bar.

DB, it's cool if you and I meet in real life, but you will not be allowed to meet my wife. She will leave me for you. The above phrase merely spoken in her general vicinity would be enough to get her open like a PBR at the hipster bar.

Interesting. I usually rely on my charm and good looks to accomplish said openness.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Interesting. I usually rely on my charm and good looks to accomplish said openness.

WHO DOES YOUR HAIR?

BLAGOHAIR!!!

I joke I joke, I keed I keed...

WHO DOES YOUR HAIR?

Beautiful Cuts on Harvard Ave. The lady there doesn't speak much English and doesn't know what "take an inch off" means, but I still, seven more haircuts, and the eighth is free!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    in Toronto:

Spending it in a mid-size government building with generally good-natured people listening to Funky16Corners' mixes

and then leaving early to walk home with a friend as we smoke a tree or two and people-watch folks in their crispy spring gear. the kids on the bus this morning were so happy and excited in all their brand new warm-weather threads - it was great.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

Are those Bugle Boy jeans you're wearing?

Are those Bugle Boy jeans you're wearing?

Why, yes! They are Bugle Boy jeans.

The appropriate response is "HELL NAW HOE YOU KNOW THEMS POLO".

Trick Daddy thanks you.

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    "NYC warm weather discussion quickly turns deadly as Boston Bugle Boy posts his picture for no apparent reason and gives shout out to his barber"

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I really need to mow the lawn, but I will probably go for a bike ride and drink on my porch instead.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    i got to sit inside of an classroom, office and behind the steering wheel of a car all day but i'm off to get thrashed tonight (no work this weekend!!!)

too bad it's going to be 58 degrees and raining on Sunday.