Yo if I have to see Susan Boyle's ugly ass mug

phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
...anymore, Im going to go crazy.Okay so you're old, you look like a dude with caterpillar eyebrows and can hold a note. Still not feelin you.

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I didn't read the other thread.
    Laughing or complaining about someones looks isnt my style.

But don't you, and other people, realize she looks the way she looks because the producer had the hair, makeup and wardrobe people make her look that way?

Why do you have to look at her at all?
    I had to google her to get a look.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Was there another Boyle thread? My bad...my only point is she is on every media outlet, TV, web, print. Kind of sick of it.

• LET IT BE KNOWN;

I'M CLAIMING HOAX STARTING AS OF RIGHT NOW.

bitch was plucked from an ugly with talent casting call two years ago, i can feel it in my bones.

• LET IT BE KNOWN;

I'M CLAIMING HOAX STARTING AS OF RIGHT NOW.

bitch was plucked from an ugly with talent casting call two years ago, i can feel it in my bones.

Isn't that how all of those shows work?

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Was there another Boyle thread? My bad...my only point is she is on every media outlet, TV, web, print. Kind of sick of it.

Susan Boyle - this year's Joe The Plumber???

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

Susan Boyle - this year's Joe The Plumber???

Joe the plumber has no talent. (I guess maybe he knows his way around a ballcock (no ayo), but that's another thread)

She does have talent.

So , no NOT this years Joe the plumber.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I think she's cute as a button, is probably well fun to hang out with and seems like she doesn't take things too seriously from the little bit I saw. Even if it's a hoax, there's worse fake shit around than a frumpy church lady who can do a bit more than hold a note.

Don't want to see her no more? Turn off your TV.

(I won't be buying the CD)

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    She can probably hold a drink better than any of you pansies.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Is that a challenge?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

I wish her well, I just wish she would break out a new song. I am beginning to think she has been rehearsing that one for the last 20 years.

I do find it humerous that people are so shocked that somewhat un-appealing people may have obvious abilities. Have they looked in the mirror lately? Most people aren't exactly model material. It reflects how little we think of ourselves.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Is that a challenge?

Not much of one!

Is that a challenge?

Not much of one!

SHE TALK A GOOD GAME, BUT YOU KNOW SHE DON"T REALLY WANT IT. I"ll drink her and her cat under the table, and drop 'em off at the hospital on the way to the bar.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    She doesn't sing THAT great for crying out loud. She's no AKON or T-Pain.

Jesus.

I would party with her though.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    She can probably hold a drink

lol - I said about as much to Man when we were watching her.

Is that a challenge?

Not fair if she drinks pints - shots go by much faster!

Is that a challenge?

Not fair if she drinks pints - shots go by much faster!

Yeah, but I'm fronting her the cat, too. You know the cat is good for a least a couple before it vomits and passes out.

I do find it humerous that people are so shocked that somewhat un-appealing people may have obvious abilities. Have they looked in the mirror lately? Most people aren't exactly model material. It reflects how little we think of ourselves.

NOW THAT'S DEEP

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    now all she has to do is make a music video for c&c music factory

if u dont get it, let me know

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    now all she has to do is make a music video for c&c music factory

if u dont get it, let me know

Martha Wash will kill you!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I think what gets people is that shes 47, unemployed, obvious social shut in, and has always had an irrational dream of being a famous singer, and she totally blew everyone away.

I guess Im the only one here that actually thought it was inspiring.

Generally i think normal people do. On soulstrut people are like "ugly bitch sucks, t-pain is better"

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    i got misty eyed

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    i got misty eyed

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I do kinda feel for the lady because people keep calling her ugly and she's not THAT f*cking ugly for christs sake. She just looks like a lady.

i just the whole thing is being blown out of proportion.

she's homely but not ugly.

she sings fine but not great

and i think that part of my problem with her fame is that part of it is based on how supposedly ugly she is and thats kinda fucked up. like everybody is celebrating that an ugly chick is finally having her dream come true. well damn, isn't that just a little fucked up?

its like one of those backhanded compliments... like "HEy gary, great haircut! make you look less fat!"

thanks... wait... what?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I think what gets people is that shes 47, unemployed, obvious social shut in, and has always had an irrational dream of being a famous singer, and she totally blew everyone away.

I guess Im the only one here that actually thought it was inspiring.

Generally i think normal people do. On soulstrut people are like "ugly bitch sucks, t-pain is better"

Naw, I'm the same as you. I thought it was great.

From her just really wanting to sing in front of a big crowd to how she was ready to just walk off the stage after she finished.

She had never even heard of Youtube before this (Now she's got about 26 mill views).

Check the link I posted above. I think she's alot better than some are willing to give her credit for... But then, people love to trash others for giving it a shot.

Edit: Same link posted above.

• i didn;t know who this person was before this thread and i really hate this kind of schmaltzy music but she is an undeniably excellent singer in almost every way- the tone of her voice is rich, her phrasing is mature, and it sounds like she is actually inhabiting the song.

on second thought, she should lose 40 pounds and start using auto-tune.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    She's well on her way to be being forgotten, or being this generation's (talented) Mrs Miller.

She's well on her way to be being forgotten, or being this generation's (talented) Mrs Miller.

Where IS Tai Zonday, anyway?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Where IS Tai Zonday, anyway?

Chocolate Rain can be your ringtone.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    She's well on her way to be being forgotten, or being ... forgotten.

15 minutes and counting...

• By the way you people talk you'd think you mattered. Always quick to hate the second anyone gets a little shine.