Another Vertigo Label Thread

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
i have just realized i never EVER found a Vertigo LP in the field. maybe once...the one with the Native American guy on the cover...never even a Sabbath pressing. waitscratch that i found an Aphrodites Childthis thread is worthlessbut i never ever EVER see em. and im sure they were pressed way more than other labels

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    I had to sell my Manfred Mann for food when I was a student. Never seen one since. Dang.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Probably because a lot of Vertigo titles didn't get a US pressing. STRICTLY 4 TEH EUROMAN.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    Probably because a lot of Vertigo titles didn't get a US pressing. STRICTLY 4 TEH EUROMAN.

damn Euroman!

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Vertigos always give me trouble.
    Ive run into a couple of lots of Vertigos in the field over the years and when i try to flip them, i always get some Ebay buyer who claims that they are not the "swirl" issue, but a later, European pressing, etc. Then i'm arguing pressings with some dude over a $20 Gentle Giant.
    Hairy Euro Prog Rock So-So Break Havin Trash, imho.

• toto blanke (of association pc fame)- spider's dance"

you can dl it here:
    http://mutant-sounds.blogspot.com/2008/04/toto-blanke-spiders-dance-lp-1975.html

• Hairy Euro Prog Rock So-So Break Havin Trash, imho.

id that all vertigo or just gentle giant - - either way you i'm against your views!!

vertigo collectors are a funnt breed. UK swirls can be worth a fuckign bomb, but swirls from anywhere else of the spaceship pressings are pretty much worthless.

great label. i've found a few bits in the wild (but then again, i am in the UK) - -anyone check out Votel's "vertigo mixed" CD? most the good stuff is on there!

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
    i am the euroman and i find vertigo europressings with swirls all day.

HOLLA!

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

This is the UK issue, and has the swirl logo on the sleeve but spaceships on the label.

For a quid find at a bootsale though, I ain't complaining

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Not uncommon in Amsterdam.