Free Party April 23rd All Soulstrut Massive

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
Yes, ALL soulstrut massive is invited. Make the drive from Portland, Vancity Canada or wherever your at. It's FREE and it's gonna be good........sign up now for gust list at scion.com/playlistI will see y'all there, who's comin' through?

Comments

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    What did you put on your playlist? Was it a bunch of stoopid rares most people never heard of? Thought that was a really wierd contest. Looks like a fun party though.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Mos def I will be there.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Love to, but mid week....

I'm too old.

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    No disrespect but, Shouldn't your name be on the top of the bill? Also, was this an insider win?
    B/W Wish I could be there.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    no disrespect but tell scion to buy a banner ad here
    either that or take it to announcements

• and another no diss....but
    im tired of corporations/promoters doing parties with dope djs (all on this bill)...and giving them less than an hour to rock ?!
    borderline rude... (letting records breath) how many records can one play in an hour ? who gets to play the 1st set while the club is empty waiting to fill up ?

opener/ closer is all thats needed.
    id rather take the cash prize...or have 2 of yall rock all night.

i personally enjoy doing 3-4 hr sets.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    In ALL 100% honesty I would have preferred the cash budget they are spending for sure but thats not what the prize was. So instead I get a pretty dope party. Hope any of you can make it that have the ability to do so. I also, agree with kon that this should be at least an 8 hour event. Preferably out doors in a nice sunshiny area. Rainy seattle is not the place for something like that for sure.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I'm not mad. I would love for it to be a 12 hour all vinyl marathon on a Funktion One but at the end of the day the company is putting bank into paying homage to one of the realest dudes that ever got behind the decks. I for one am glad that I'll be rocking with my boys, just doing the damn thing and all doing it in celebration of my main man 'Preme. I'm with Kon on wanting shit to strrreeeettchhhh oouuuuuutttt on this tip but F*ck it, who's complaining?

Oh yeah and to the HATERS, check my levels:

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    that place is a converted morgue. I dig it. I will try and attend.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    No disrespect but, Shouldn't your name be on the top of the bill? Also, was this an insider win?
    B/W Wish I could be there.

Nah see the party is in his honour, so he gets to play first so he can spend all night getting drunk and dancing! Very considerate of the organisors.....

BTW... Wat was the actual competition?

Nah see the party is in his honour, so he gets to play first so he can spend all night getting drunk and dancing!

Preme dancing???

Nah see the party is in his honour, so he gets to play first so he can spend all night getting drunk and dancing!

Preme dancing???

Murdock you must have forget that night in Canada when I was totally wasted and was salsa dancing with that dime piece?!

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts

Preme dancing???

Murdock you must have forget that night in Canada when I was totally wasted and was salsa dancing with that dime piece?!

can you still windmill?

Preme dancing???

That's Right![/b] She was All it takes is the right lady to breakout the ol' papi moves.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    What did you put on your playlist? Was it a bunch of stoopid rares most people never heard of? Thought that was a really wierd contest. Looks like a fun party though.

I was kind of wondering the same thing. It would be interesting to see the winning playlist.

And how did the whole thing work? You won, so you got to pick your favorite DJs?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

I was kind of wondering the same thing. It would be interesting to see the winning playlist.

And how did the whole thing work? You won, so you got to pick your favorite DJs?

There were a bunch of playlists that were submitted in contest and each radio show went through the list to pick the best one. We had it narrowed down between 3 and decided that this one was the best. Craziest thing was that I know Supreme but had no idea it was him because it was submitted under his government name. Just goes to show you that skills / talent trump nepotism any time.

Edit: Preme you should post the playlist - it was the perfect mix of hot tunes, rares, classics, club jams etc...

It's all for RUB RADIO on Scion Broadband: http://www.scion.com/channel2

Well, the funny thing is I don't even have the list! I just submitted it that day when I was bored and decided to enter the contest! Lol....... Also, on another note me and Cosmo's vu meters seem to be on the same exact level!!! Dope event indeed and I will be sure to post pics afterwards. Anyone that can come definitely should do so.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Well, the funny thing is I don't even have the list! I just submitted it that day when I was bored and decided to enter the contest! Lol....... Also, on another note me and Cosmo's vu meters seem to be on the same exact level!!! Dope event indeed and I will be sure to post pics afterwards. Anyone that can come definitely should do so.

Post a pix of you salsa dancing or your soft!

• stop_33stop_33 365 Posts

did you actually write this???

"An irish man once said "I love me eggs". Anyone that knows me can tell you that "I love me diamonds"!!!"

comedy blog???

I did write it and yes C-O-M-E-D-Y for sure. All day bro ham.

• bigchalzbigchalz 220 Posts
    Congratulations Dee and not to get off subject(i know it was a long time ago), but what did you end up naming your radio show?

• everything about this night was , except for the doorman. He was . but, up to that point, the party was
    respect

Thanks! I will be there every Thursday from now on. I didn't originally plan it this way but quit at the club I was doing so figured why not do a new weekly there. Also, if you guys want COMEDY check out homies feet on the BBQ post on my blog. Hilarious.......