Disney reggae label?

pabloscooterpabloscooter 370 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
Looking for some info on the "disney" label out of Jamaica. Looks and sounds 70's.Wondering if anyone has access to Roots Knotty Roots database and could help.I know there are quite a few reggae heads on the board- I've never seen this label before and searching disney + reggae on the internet sucks. Please to not post cool runnings pics.

Comments

• and I should say, no real association with the corporate giant- other than the stolen likeness of donald, mickey and scrooge bootleg drawings on the label- same kind of graphics as the pressure beat labels with the cartoon (sylvester?....

Have any of you ever run accross this label?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I'm looking for a 45 of Crabby Ranks "Unda Di Sea." Holla at me.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    bob andy would do a wicked version of "a whole new world"

ok..i just wanted an excuse to post a wicked bob andy track

• Here's a link to a picture of what the label looks like.

disney

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    They are very early 70's mostly consisting on Laurel Aitken productions and tunes with corresponding releases on nu Beat in the UK.

• Total output, and it's probably mediocre:

Ansel Collins - Goodnight My Love 1973

Laurel Aitken- Baby I Need Your Loving 1970

Laurel Aitken - Think It Over 1970

Owen Gray - Amazing Grace 1972

Owen Gray - Nothing Can Separate Us 1971

Winston Tucker - I Will Be There 1971

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Total output, and it's probably mediocre:

Laurel Aitken- Baby I Need Your Loving 1970

Laurel Aitken - Think It Over 1970

I have these two on a Pama Supreme 45 (a/b) Baby I Need is killer, Think it Over is some fake Ben E. King cheese.

• '73 is when they got a cease and desist from disney's lawyers lol!

• Thanks doods- the track below was the one that got me on the question to begin with, otis redding cover that opens with a massive break- and it dosent hurt that the label design is bootleg genius- after some sleuthing (thanks tomasal) I found it was also realeased on the camel label in the uk- which seems a little easier to find.

Owen Gray - Nothing Can Separate Us 1971