EASTER WEEKEND FINDS NO EEGS JUST WACKZZZZZ!

2»

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    These are actually last week's finds, but since I am sick as hell on a weekend and probably not going out, let alone doing any record buying, this is what I'm listening to...

The Mexican LP is a comp of one-off bands; Los Gibson Boys, Miguel Angel, Los Yorsys and others, doing covers of "Wolly Bully", "Satisfaction", "I Feel Good", "Gloria" and a corny disappointing take on Byron Lee's "Jamaica Ska"

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Wayne McGhie is an OG. I've already traded it.

what's that jayson hoover like?
    I don't know, it's sealed. It's Canadian though and has sold for like $40 in the past.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    FOUND THIS AT A FLEA MARKET THIS MORNING

ANYONE HAVE A WAYNE MCGHIE TO TRADE FOR IT?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Wayne McGhie is an OG.

• "the illusion" is pretty good. first song on first side has a good, hard open drumbreak and then it goes into "sing a simple song".

watts 103rd and paul's boutique (mint orig.) are available for trade..

• Wayne McGhie is an OG. I've already traded it.

what's that jayson hoover like?
    I don't know, it's sealed. It's Canadian though and has sold for like $40 in the past.

they also have a sealed copy for 30 bucks at one my local spots; it was recorded here in vancouver. if you open it up, let me know if its any good..thx

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Nabbed this long-time white whale for a buck.

CRINK IS JUST SAD BECAUSE TELSON ISN'T $2K BIXBY

TRADE NOW OR CRY FOREVER

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    DUDES ARE ALL UP ON TELSON NOW. JUST YOU WAIT.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    TELSON

Nelson playing "Telstar"?

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

Little Kirk - ghetto people broke ( strong album here!)

Nice pull, I've had that Little Kirk a couple times, solid lp I wish I'd kept it.
    Maybe the next time I'll hold onto it.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

What did ya get for it? A minimal synth grail? Do tell.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

i just bought my first prince record ever, guess it had to happen at some point, threw down 5kr (almost $1)... NICE wall piece, right!?

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    this was last week, but I'm not going to be able to buy records this weekend...

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4778/img40981.jpg

the blue note was priced normally, but dude didn't know what he was getting into with the MPS's's's...

kinda scared, though, because dude said the records were from the collection of Downtown Freddie Brown, Greatest Sonic Ever...his wife sold them. I instantly put the records down and asked, "does HE know???" Dude said yes and I said hmm okay I guess so but I don't want no crimes of passion records wtf

Freddie Brown is a VP at Bank of America now, so maybe he has a big iPod?

I told my dad of the records' provenance, and he went over there too...he said something funny like, "see son, if it were one of these new NBA stars--I wouldn't want any of their music...but I'll check out what Freddie was into..."

[/ivesaidtoomuch]

• redgregredgreg 96 Posts
    Some Gospel records that arrived for Easter, even though some took 6 months to arrive.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    "does HE know???" Dude said yes and I said hmm okay I guess so but I don't want no crimes of passion records wtf

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiit

interesting, nonetheless

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Nice gospel haul, I still need that Violinaires lp.

• interesting, nonetheless

Too bad the records weren't as good as the story.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    interesting, nonetheless

Too bad the records weren't as good as the story.

BEASTER BUNNY!

...I wouldn't dream of posting records in any of these "finds" threads without some sort of story to spice them up...I know my records alone aren't enough to talk about, at least not with you lot. I'm stoked on that Monty Alexander, no lie...

Downtown Freddie Brown!
    Best Supersonic Of All Times (Payton is up there, but he went ring-hunting and "downtown freddie brown" is a better nickname than "the glove," so I give it to Fred Brown).

What did ya get for it? A minimal synth grail? Do tell.
    DANDELIONS

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    "does HE know???" Dude said yes and I said hmm okay I guess so but I don't want no crimes of passion records wtf

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Downtown Freddy Brown rules my world. 206 represent.

I like that Bobby Hutcherson lp as well, chick on the front cover looks like a dude though.