Rate the New Em Single

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIkzQYns61QI mean, when I first heard it I was like I hate this. But with the video its amusing. All in all as far as wacky eminem first singles go its not too bad. I'm kinda looking forward to the rest of the album. Lyrically you cant tell me he's not still pretty sharp. I dunno, my standards are pretty low these days. Basically If you're not using autotune or remaking some trashy 80's song or featuring dj khaled and t-pain, Im saying you did a good job with your single.

Comments

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    You're right, he still is "sharp" but I'm kind of sick of his schtick.

I'm actually more excited about the new Black Eyed Peas album than Em's ish. *Boom Boom Pow*

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    i wish there was a way to hear him rap without having to hear his songs.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Yeah... Em's rhymes are out of hand right now. I can't really dig any of the songs. It's weird.

• I can't tell if he's phoning it in or trying too hard.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Yeah... Em's rhymes are out of hand right now. I can't really dig any of the songs. It's weird.

I actually liked crack a bottle quite a bit....except for 50's verse. I hear general Strut consensus is that it sucks though.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    yeah I hate that record.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I actually liked crack a bottle quite a bit....except for 50's verse. I hear general Strut consensus is that it sucks though.

That record is trash. So is this one.

well yeah, i figured you'd hate it.

Can you tell me any eminem records that you've liked before?

What was so bad about crack a bottle?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    seems a little gimmicky no?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    What was so bad about crack a bottle?

I liked it.

This video too, perhaps not in line with the times, but that's what kind of amused me.

seems a little gimmicky no?

OH yeah, gimmicky as hell. I heard the next one is called 3am and its supposed to be alot better.

By the way thats annoying how you are making that song play,

• subsub 311 Posts
    i wish there was a way to hear him rap without having to hear his songs.

try "infinite". his first album. you might like it. def doesn't sound like the songs he did since dre discovered him...

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Im with Faux on this one. That song is trash.
    Also why is there a Furious five song playing everytime i open this page ?

• dmadma 36 Posts
    Awful.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    0/10

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    trash

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Yeah, hot garbage. He's still got flow but come on, Sarah Palin? Are you filling in for Weird Al? Shit is tired.

I just hope the next single isn't one of those Stan/Cleaning out my Closet angsty "This is how my life is" cuts. I hate those even more.

As long he crushes Asher Roth to dust, I don't care what he does after that.

• Yuck. He's been phoning it in for years now. Garbage.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    The pink Alf shirt bit made me smirk.

that cant be the actual track though right? i mean it is f*cking unlistenable.

rhyming about lohan/ronson, bacon/blake?

F*ck me thats just bad.

really bad.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    that song sucks, but even worse...

why the F*ck does some song keep playing every time I click in this thread?

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    this song is awful
    i liked the crack a bottle beat but kind of wish it had nate dogg on a different hook and snoop rhyming

Never ever been a fan of M&M

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

well yeah, i figured you'd hate it.

Can you tell me any eminem records that you've liked before?

I liked the Slim Shady EP at the time, although I'm not sure I'd feel the same way if I were to revisit it 10+ years later.

• devoglamdevoglam 143 Posts
    2/10.

pretty weak. but i was amused and somewhat interested to hear em on SOMETHING...

he sounds lazy.

looks like he has lost some weight too.

Yeah the sarah palin part is pretty lame.

Can't really say Ive ever been the biggest fan either, I recognize he has skills though. People that have heard the album tell me I will like the rest of it. Who knows?

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    That song is the rap equivalent of finding a year old issue of us weekly in the bathroom.

• the song playing when the page opens up is from gmf...i need that track ripped...whos got it ?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    My Mercedes outside, where theirs at?

That song is the rap equivalent of finding a year old issue of us weekly in the bathroom.

LOL Sonned.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts