when VH1 does "I love the 00s"

2»

Comments

• - Heelies, those kids shoes with wheels
    - Webkinz

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    autotune

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    we need a rubix cube or pet rock/pogs for this generation. something that kids want that isn't electronic and will be in garage sales everywhere in 2.5 years.

I started to say Guitar Hero, but then you said non-electronic...

Seriously, that's what I say. Boy bands and Friendster are the only trends of the 2000's I can think of that are on the Rubik's Cube/Nehru jacket/Max
    Headroom "instant nostalgia" level.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    AOL and the "You've Got Mail" sound are pretty definitive early 00's in my book.

AOL and the "You've Got Mail" sound are pretty definitive early 00's in my book.

why, dont other Internet companies have the "y.g.m." sound, still?

because if theyre still around, it doesnt feel as dated

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    AOL used to let you customize it. You could have LL Cool J going "Yo check your mail g, you got mail"

And Martha Stewart I think.

we need a rubix cube or pet rock/pogs for this generation. something that kids want that isn't electronic and will be in garage sales everywhere in 2.5 years.

Hummers?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    reggaeton

condos

bottle service

celeb DJs

uggs

Dame Dash/Scott Storch/Eminem

already forgotten:
    - Joe The Plumber
    - Sarah Palin
    - Norah Jones (she's still around, doing her thing, but no one seems to make a BFD of her like they used to)
    - the singing fish on a plaque that sings "take me to the river" when you press the button (this was recently revived, sort of, on that McDonald's commercial)
    - Justin Guarini (American Idol)
    - garage rock back on the radio again (White Strikes, Strokes, Hives...all of 'em worthless)
    - Blender magazine (first ish came out in 2001...it's just been announced that this music mag is going out of business)

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    reggaeton

Reggaeton goes back well into the mid-nineties. It just went "mainstream" in the double 00s.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I started to say Guitar Hero

Beatles Edition out soon.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    'arry Potter

and

'the internet'

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Even though they both started in 1999 -

The Sopranos

Soulstrut