check out my blog

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Some one needs to blog about why the F*ck that Biggie movie used a sample of Duran Duran - No-No-No-torius in the trailer. Hey did anyone watch that crap anyway?

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Some one needs to blog about why the F*ck that Biggie movie used a sample of Duran Duran - No-No-No-torius in the trailer.

www.stuffwhitepeoplelike.com

• Seriously, people need to quit it with the black background blogs.

not to be on some nit picky shit, but isnt this nit picky itself ?

i hardly put any work into my blog. i do it just to put up things here and there. point is, you can read it right ? if you have the time to get all colorful...yay for you.

is the choice of color that serious.....really ?

its just a color of a back round. mad people have it set up as such, and i can read all of them just fine.

whats next..
    the font gestapo
    b/w
    people need to stop making records where the labels are black and the text is white. make it lavender with lime green text. its waaaay cooler.

simplicity remains timeless.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Seriously, people need to quit it with the black background blogs.

not to be on some nit picky shit, but isnt this nit picky itself ?

See...in some cases, like your blog, content is king, who cares about design? Matt Solanzo does the Minima Black steez too but I'm not tripping off his colorways because what he brings to the table is more important than how it looks.

But in the case of someone's fly-by-night blog...where the content is so-so AND it's hard to read? Double fail.

And way too many bloggers rock the Minima Black and it's just not good design. It's the blog design equivalent of, I dunno, a played out drum break that really wasn't that dope to begin with.

• i feel you, i just chose the easiest thing...and you know im not a hipster!

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    yeah i've have messed with all that, and the pics still come out poor close up. It sucks because i have had the camera to long to return it, but not long enough to replace it.

If in fact you tried using the Macro option and it didn't work I think there are two issues that might be causing those pictures to be blurry. First thing is your hands might move or tremble a little so the camera loses focus. This can be fixed by getting a tripod. Second thing is that you don't have enough light reaching the record label/cover. Try to take pictures in a better lighting environment.

BTW, the Macro option is often represented by a flower.

• If having a black background is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Or get a camera with a faster lens

i feel you, i just chose the easiest thing...and you know im not a hipster!

Whatever - I seen you rockin' the thin belt, ironic t-shirt and manicured facial hair!

• yeah i've have messed with all that, and the pics still come out poor close up. It sucks because i have had the camera to long to return it, but not long enough to replace it.

If in fact you tried using the Macro option and it didn't work I think there are two issues that might be causing those pictures to be blurry. First thing is your hands might move or tremble a little so the camera loses focus. This can be fixed by getting a tripod. Second thing is that you don't have enough light reaching the record label/cover. Try to take pictures in a better lighting environment.

BTW, the Macro option is often represented by a flower.

cool, i'm gonna try to mess with it tonight. thanks

If having a black background is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Pfffffff...light background = right.

• har har

• i feel you, i just chose the easiest thing...and you know im not a hipster!

Whatever - I seen you rockin' the thin belt, ironic t-shirt and manicured facial hair!

that was me at sxsworst

• oh wait, he has blogs with black backgrounds in his roll, NAGL

• If having a black background is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Pfffffff...light background = right. [/quo

all backgrounds should be blue and cream

• Matt Solanzo

I ain't heard of that.

And according to Maddox of The Best Page In the Universe:

Some webmasters have spent years tweaking their layout and designing their site, and very few get any traffic. This site, as shitty as it looks, gets over 1 million visits per month. I use large fonts also as a protest against all the stylish garbage you see out there. When I go to a web site, I WANT TO READ THE CONTENT. Trust me, that micro-font everyone uses isn't nearly as original as they think. I've chosen a black background for most of my text because it's easier on the eyes than staring at a white screen. Think about it: your monitor is not a piece of paper, no matter how hard you try to make it one. Staring at a white background while you read is like staring at a light bulb (don't believe me? Try turning off the lights next time you use a word processor). Would you stare at a light bulb for hours at a time? Not if you want to keep your vision.

Matt Solanzo

I ain't heard of that.

And according to Maddox of The Best Page In the Universe:

Some webmasters have spent years tweaking their layout and designing their site, and very few get any traffic. This site, as shitty as it looks, gets over 1 million visits per month. I use large fonts also as a protest against all the stylish garbage you see out there. When I go to a web site, I WANT TO READ THE CONTENT. Trust me, that micro-font everyone uses isn't nearly as original as they think. I've chosen a black background for most of my text because it's easier on the eyes than staring at a white screen. Think about it: your monitor is not a piece of paper, no matter how hard you try to make it one. Staring at a white background while you read is like staring at a light bulb (don't believe me? Try turning off the lights next time you use a word processor). Would you stare at a light bulb for hours at a time? Not if you want to keep your vision.

Environmentally, black backgrounds are a better look. But I disagree with his whole "stare at a light bulb" argument, unless of course, you only work on computers in the dark.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    If having a black background is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

I don't like a white background at all... maybe for some content it works but to me it's just too bright and almost hurts the eyes.

First I wanted to say that I like a black background but then I fooled around with various color combinations and now changed my background to a dark grey.
    see here
    Thanx O.....

Feeling it. I guess I should have been more specific: black background + white text = played out.

Black background with burnt ochre text? Proper.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

"It's so black...how much more black could it be?"

• "It's so black...how much more black could it be?"

Odub this is how you freak blogs this summer

First you get the cream background

Then your gonna make the all the text blue

Boom next comes your info

Ya know what i'm saying?

Crazy. Visions. God.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Environmentally, black backgrounds are a better look.

Just go easy on the white fonts!

• Options
    Environmentally, using an abacus is a better look.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    i finally decided to join the bloggers guild after coming across one of my mixtapes on some one elses site (they were claiming it as their own)
    at this point it has mainly my own mixtapes on it, but eventually i will try to add some rarer mixes, beats, tracks and albums

http://lowinthedeepend.blogspot.com/

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    i finally decided to join the bloggers guild after coming across one of my mixtapes on some one elses site (they were claiming it as their own)

Name names.

that is such a bitch move.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

Name names.

that is such a bitch move.
    as soon as i am 100% i will
    its not the first time, my friends were watching a bboying demo once and noticed that the music was familiar, after about 5 minutes they realized that it was one of my live mixes and that the "dj" was actually pretending to cue records, scratch and juggle etc

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

as soon as i am 100% i will
    its not the first time, my friends were watching a bboying demo once and noticed that the music was familiar, after about 5 minutes they realized that it was one of my live mixes and that the "dj" was actually pretending to cue records, scratch and juggle etc