WEEKEND FINDS (daaamn it was sunny today)

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
almost like summer over here, and a few flea come-ups to go with that:no cover

Comments

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Is the Goda Goda the wadenius LP?

Trading?

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

Trading?

There is a swedish version of this record and a danish one, different bands and vocs (swedish/danish) wadenius plays on both lps (same drummer too), both are good, Mitt S??r being the best track, imo the danish album and especially the Mit S??r track is the doper, no doubt! (swedish heads would not disagree!!!)

btw, this dutch comp contains a killer version of get out my life woman by a group called ginger ale, different from other versions ive heard, a rockish funk vibe with a really great horn section... i was meaning to ask any strutters from holland if maybe they knew about other stuff from these dudes?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Where do you get the outer sleeves that look like brain convolutions?

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    a killer version of get out my life woman by a group called ginger ale, different from other versions ive heard, a rockish funk vibe with a really great horn section... i was meaning to ask any strutters from holland if maybe they knew about other stuff from these dudes?

sippe le jus?

Trading?

thats the danish one from 71, and yeah its trade-able..

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Put your Fanias on the porch for a few weeks. Good to go.

a killer version of get out my life woman by a group called ginger ale, different from other versions ive heard, a rockish funk vibe with a really great horn section... i was meaning to ask any strutters from holland if maybe they knew about other stuff from these dudes?

sippe le jus?

i would if i could homie, but sorry not able to at the moment..

• MeepMeep 320 Posts

btw, this dutch comp contains a killer version of get out my life woman by a group called ginger ale, different from other versions ive heard, a rockish funk vibe with a really great horn section... i was meaning to ask any strutters from holland if maybe they knew about other stuff from these dudes?

They had Fred van Zegveld on keys, known for his killer hammond album.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Put your Fanias on the porch for a few weeks. Good to go.
    My ultimate outer 5.0s don't behave like that.

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts

Trading?

There is a swedish version of this record and a danish one, different bands and vocs (swedish/danish) wadenius plays on both lps (same drummer too), both are good, Mitt S??r being the best track, imo the danish album and especially the Mit S??r track is the doper, no doubt! (swedish heads would not disagree!!!)

yea, she somehow decided to get funky on this LP. The rest of her albums seem to be no good. I often see her LPs when I get around but rarely this one.

I have seen the Swedish version, but I never heard.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    from the last 3 or 4 days

not included is 80s digital version 12" Freddie Mckay & Jah stone - Picture on the wall on GG records outta jamaica

loney monday morning remix is killer. Not sure what the overall feeling is but i ride for most of the first snow LP. The anything for you remix that came out on VP I still bump on the regular.

Photobucket

Photobucket

• Blood Hollins was a total mailbox, but the rest were field.

• a killer version of get out my life woman by a group called ginger ale, different from other versions ive heard, a rockish funk vibe with a really great horn section... i was meaning to ask any strutters from holland if maybe they knew about other stuff from these dudes?

sippe le jus?

i would if i could homie, but sorry not able to at the moment..

that version is on this awesome compilation that came out a while back - -lots of tasty Euro rock and the like....

• BlastkidBlastkid 240 Posts

Have the 45 of this one. Don't think it should be hard to find. They have another great 45 called Gin Fizz which is a jazzy funky boogaloo tune with a raw flute.

• minimini 879 Posts

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts

• HOLY F*ck!!!!!!!!!! YESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    So I was watching "Pucca", a japanese cartoon with my son, and these little blue and pink thingies came in looking too familiar to me.

after a couple of episodes, I was able to identify these little suspects too:

Find of the year

• today was a great day! sorry for the crappy pics..

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    fishmongerfunk, where do you live again?
    Your weekly finds are infuriatingly consistent!

• fishmongerfunk, where do you live again?

i have been living in vancouver, canada for the past few months. it was like 16 degrees today and the record show was just busting with goodness.

after living in england where i basically gave up on real world digging because it was just such a futile venture (sorry british people- i love your country but its just not the place for finding good records at reasonable prices), its nice to come up a little bit.

rufus thomas, dune, john lee hooker, lonnie liston, ballin jack, alice coltrane, dune, curtis and urbie green are doubles, if anyone needs

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    this is from 4 different nice collections i was granted access to this week, except the 45s all came from my connect who has zillions of them and is slowly excavating boxes for me to go thru. old radio station stuff etc.

^^the donovan orchestrals are pretty sappy except Hurdy Gurdy is cool

^^the disco 12" is Five Easy Pieces 'too hot to stop' 1976. i know zero about it but it sounds good to me.

^^the tv themes version of 'kojak' is hot!
    and thats the flash record with the grandmaster 'the official adventures of..." intro bit on it. (now i finally know that)

^^if you dont like Joe South you just dont know whats up.

^^ 2x10" in a box set but i think im missing a booklet or something.

^^all just cheapo covers of the real versions, but look at that artwork!

^^ same key and cleary as that cool 'im a man' song i posted some years back. this is probably later due to Amherst label is bigger than the other label.

^^ SESAME STREET HEAT REPRESENT heh heh

^^top 10 raer Zep! a serious gem for my LZ collection.

this one i had to have just for the commentary...

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    fishmongerfunk, where do you live again?

i have been living in vancouver, canada for the past few months. it was like 16 degrees today and the record show was just busting with goodness.

Ahh yes the show at the Croatian Old Folks Home right?
    Or was it the Ukrainian Pipe Fitters Union Hall, shit I don't remember it's
    been way to long.
    I've been up to that show before, did pretty well actually.
    Been meaning to check it again someday.
    Van City just isn't the same without Sipreano.

• TahneeTahnee 46 Posts
    lps
    jimi hendrix - the cry of love
    buddy miles express - expressway to your skull
    rolling stones - made in the shade

45's for $1 ea
    found 4 copies of maceo drowning in the sea of love/show and tell
    they are in perfect condition just dusty

the jb's giving up food for funk pts 1&2

george mcrae - i get lifted/i can't leave you alone

sugar billy - super duper love pts 1&2 (2 copies)

george duke - reach for it/just for you

i was very excited. i have been looking for some of these for a while so i was glad i made the effort.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    this is from 4 different nice collections i was granted access to this week, except the 45s all came from my connect who has zillions of them and is slowly excavating boxes for me to go thru. old radio station stuff etc.

[/img]

how bout u leave some records for the rest of us? i love me some Mind Garage...

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    only one im psyched about

• Jack Bruce - Things We Like LP
    Miles Davis - Bitches Brew 2LP
    Blackbyrds - Action LP
    Pleasure - Joyous LP

...some classics for cheap

• some more stuff - -mostly from the real world for once!

"O ESPIAGAO" ost (brazilian tv soundtrack thing - - an allstar cast - Tom ZE, Alceu Valenca, Betinho etc. havent given it a proper listen yet, though)
    SWEET MARIE - 1 (groovy hendrixian hawiian rock. good stuff - "sweet pea" will definately be getting played out this week!)
    TOMMY JAMES - "cellophane symphony" (later and greater album by this dude - a 10 minute downer psych groove and some lovely pop songs. )
    "100% PROOF" MARMALADE COMP (not listened to this one properly either - can't go far wrong with the names on here!)
    SFF - "ticket to anywhere" (krauty synth rock/fusion jamz - massive drums on the title track!)
    LEO KOTTKE - "6 & 12 string guitar" (been after a cheap copy for ages. brilliant)
    RICK WAKEMAN - "rock n roll prophet" (later and rather mental release - 'i'm so striaght im a weirdo' sounds like the Buggles but stupider!)
    LOVE AFFAIR - "new day" (picked it up as it was a quid - -pleasantly suprised to find lots of tasty beats and proggy flutes. good stuff)

45's:
    VANITY FARE - "megowd" (ace moddy organ banger! nice to have on 45)
    THE SLITS- "heard it through the grapevine"
    SUPERGRASS - "alright" (bought for the lovely pastoral b-side "time")
    TREMELOES - "try me" (another great Trem B-side)
    HANK MIZELL - "jungle rock" (now i can chuck my 'old gold' shitty reish. 'not the nine o clock news' classic)
    BEAR BROTHERS - "Bondiago" (best 50p ive spent in ages - mad exotic glam sounds with good, heavyily- compressed drums! both sides are good)