Skate + UNKLE + Spike Jonze = Facemelt

Comments

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    snickers...

damn, i had no idea the Lakai peice was so old.

a double shot latte pass with soy milk and a hint of hazelnut.

decaf.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    The original is still amazing, not sure why they felt it necessary to 're-do' it.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Nice video if you mute the audio.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

NZSHADOW, you seen this Mark Gonzales vid? Coconut Records = Jason Schwartman.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

the OG is MUCH better in that respect

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

the OG is MUCH better in that respect

That Gonz video is nuts. My first board was a Vision Gonz 1. Dark green with Hosoi rockets and i even had rails son.

that thing was heavy.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    My first board was a Vision Gonz 1. Dark green with Hosoi rockets and i even had rails son.

that thing was heavy.

As I recall my first was a Vision board with rails as well.

Haha,

I had a tailslide block as well. it was lime green. the rails were neon pink.

i was so f*ckin rad.

• ageage 1,131 Posts

R.I.P. H.Hunter!

Harold Hunter Day #III is coming up soon.

• minneapminneap 541 Posts

R.I.P. H.Hunter!

Harold Hunter Day #III is coming up soon.

R.I.P.

That's still one of my most watch Youtubes. Between the Mef and Ghost freestyles, NYC shots and Harold's style and personality.... So dope.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Haha,

I had a tailslide block as well. it was lime green.

I forgot about that shit.. I think mine was red.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Haha,

I had a tailslide block as well. it was lime green.

I forgot about that shit.. I think mine was red.

What about The Bird (what was it ... a lapper)? That thing that protected your kingpin? I remember using The Bird II (fancy improved version). Aaaah yes, Google Images to the rescue:

In my town in the mid 80s there was this thing called "The Wedge" that got passed around from skater to skater (apparently our town only bought one). It was basically a triangular piece of wood with a thin layer of sheet metal that was attached to your back truck like the Bird. It allowed you to zip right up any curb. Ha ha.

I had a nose guard that had a handle on the underside. God, skateboards were ridiculous back then.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    VARIFLEX.

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts
    copers lappers yadayada
    teh gonz, hh
    they all suck compared to this foll

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    the second coming of t.penny?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    that Tom Petty vid shreds

the second coming of t.penny?

I kinda thought the same thing when I saw this but this dude doesn't float like Penny did (does?).

• that Tom Petty vid shreds

YES

Can we maybe get some Marc Johnson in the thread?

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I remember dropping the rails in 88 when I realized I didn't need them for grabbing airs, they slowed down board slides, and they looked lame.

Proof, no rails. '88

Rasta Rob Doin' the Lien

OOPS. I still had them. what a loser. LOL!!!!!

I dropped them right after this.

Skated all day today. Hit Fairfax High, then the new skate plaza and got broke off, 4 times. I'm getting old.

that Tom PeNNy vid shreds

YES

Can we maybe get some Marc Johnson in the thread?

Considering the fact that he's been my favorite skater since Maple, I'm gonna say yes.

Gotta rep the home area (Groton/New London, CT) with a little BA and Donny:

• sold all my old videos on vhs last week. i thought id be lucky to get 10 a piece, but i ended doin a lil better then that.
    check this out:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&item=250396048966

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I remember dropping the rails in 88 when I realized I didn't need them for grabbing airs, they slowed down board slides, and they looked lame.

Proof, no rails. '88

Rasta Rob Doin' the Lien

Skated all day today. Hit Fairfax High, then the new skate plaza and got broke off, 4 times. I'm getting old.

that was my favorite board of all time...I remember having some sick multicolored gullwings and G-bones on mine OH MY GOODNESS wi-five my man!!

sick picture too.

Proof, no rails. '88

Rasta Rob Doin' the Lien

that was my favorite board of all time...I remember having some sick multicolored gullwings and G-bones on mine OH MY GOODNESS wi-five my man!!

sick picture too.

That's a Chris Miller, right? Yeah ... loved that board. The first turned up nose if I remember correctly. I saw him at a demo in CT with Hosoi and Roskopp in I think '85. Those dudes could rip vert. Hosoi did a ridiculous bomb drop from a wall about 6 or 7 feet above the vert ramp. So sick. I still have a poster with all of their autographs. Normally I could give a sh*t about autographs but those guys are pure iconic legends.

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts

Proof, no rails. '88

Rasta Rob Doin' the Lien

sick picture too.

yes really, is that a Flyaway helmet?

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    That's right. The Chris Miller was my last 80s style board. The scoop nose was an amazing breakthrough. great for street obviously. The helmet was pimpin and the texas pads was like having pillows stuck to my knees.

I lost all that stuff when I ended up on the streets a year later. That Miller board was actually jacked when I was homeless. Oh well. I'm still skating but the dude that jacked my board is dead. Not related to board jacking. I don't get down like that.

• The word hipster should precede the word facemelt in the title.