The last time you made a fool of yourself

keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
This morning I got done playing ball and was walking towards the elevator at my gym right as the doors were closing. Although I wasn't in any particular rush, I decided to stick my umbrella in between the closing elevator doors and I succeeded in triggering an auto-open type function, and got on the elevator. As I stepped inside, one of the guys/passengers said to me with a smile, but in a serious tone, "you shouldn't do that".The gym is on the 8th floor. As the elevator descended, it came to a complete stop in between the 4th and 3rd floor. We were stuck. The three other guys in the elevator stared me down for a good 10 minutes as I manically and repeatedly pressed the alarm button. It wasn't the end of the world, but I felt like a total ass and there was nowhere for me to go.

Comments

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Its starting to get warm again on the east coast so chances of making a fool of yourself are going to increase by leaps and bounds...I take every opportunity to do so... I live my life doing ans saying goofy shit so its normal for me... my wife said that she cringes when I am talking to someone in public as there is no way to know what I might do or say.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    yesterday.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I'm sure this wasn't the last time, but when I was living in Oakland and working in SF I was outside on break and I saw this dude with a f*ckin' huge Raiders tatoo on his forearm. I got back upstairs and my buddy comes over to me and we start talking and I was like, "Man, I saw this cock diesel guy downstairs with the biggest Raiders tatoo I've ever seen. What if the team changes it's name or something. That's crazy!"

My friend proceeds to lift up his sleave to reveal a similar, yet smaller Raiders tat on his shoulder.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Raiders fans are nuts. I went to the cemetary last weekend to visit a friend who recently passed away, right next to her plot was a HUGE tombstone with a HUGE Raiders logo smack dab in the center. Dude's name was tiny in comparison. (He was, as expected 'round these parts, in his early 30's and Mexican.)

And I ALWAYS do goofy stuff. I can't stand people who take themselves too seriously.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    I can't stand people who take themselves too seriously.

• Have a CD release show tomorrow night. CDs are sitting at the Hartford UPS facility. Talked my CD-R guy into doing a quick run for tomorrow. But still.

So the answer, Saturday.

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    Every time I post on soulstrut. (little dude rel)

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    I take this very seriously.
    This is not a f*cking game.
    I ain't playin'.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    yesterday.

SPECIFY AND TESTIFY

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I pretty much make a fool of myself every time I walk into a situation with alcohol, but my homie Renato took the cake the other week when he asked a chick "So what's your eBay name?"

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    yesterday.

SPECIFY AND TESTIFY

okay yeah rewind:
    I left my avalanche transciever on the bumper of my Astro Van as I drove to work from a morning snowboard session.

At least two people drove up next to me, pointing and saying stuff (probably like, "there's a bomb on the bumper!" or whatever) trying to alert me... I think I gave at least one air-backhand and a couple "yeah whatever dudes" to people I thought were telling me to get out of their way, or jealous of the ride (common)...

bro. BRO.

ALSO: TODAY; when I went back in soulstrut time over a week (big tryhard maneouvre) to not only retrieve a deaded post--but to announce that I have an Astro Van.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    This morning I got done playing ball and was walking towards the elevator at my gym right as the doors were closing. Although I wasn't in any particular rush, I decided to stick my umbrella in between the closing elevator doors and I succeeded in triggering an auto-open type function, and got on the elevator. As I stepped inside, one of the guys/passengers said to me with a smile, but in a serious tone, "you shouldn't do that".

The gym is on the 8th floor. As the elevator descended, it came to a complete stop in between the 4th and 3rd floor. We were stuck. The three other guys in the elevator stared me down for a good 10 minutes as I manically and repeatedly pressed the alarm button. It wasn't the end of the world, but I felt like a total ass and there was nowhere for me to go.

That was funny, but that doesn't make the elevator get stuck. People do that shit all the time to hold the doors open for other people. It's just so grannies in their Hoverrounds don't get caught in the middle and crushed in the doorway.

I just get annoyed when douches get all self righteous about things that are not a big deal (or they're not even right).

Kind of like I do sometimes.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    The best one that I have experienced (but it wasn't me).

Upper manager has conference call to introduce new lower manager that was just hired. Lower manager is over a couple states, but the call is for all offices in the northern half of the east coast/midwest.

Typically during conference calls everyone is "on" to talk at any time, although unless actually talking we all individually keep our phones on mute. During this time we usually talk amongst ourselves, listen to music, surf the internet, go stand outside, etc.

So upper manager is introducing brand spanking-new-never-spoken-to-anyone-ever lower manager; he's explaining her past experience and what she's done before yadda yadda yadda.

So right over top of this introduction, guy at another office starts rambling as they're talking, going "Wow? She left (X) company? What would she do that for? She must really suck. I mean terrible. Why else would you leave (X)?"

Keep in mind this new manager is HIS new manager. DIRECTLY.

As the 1/4 of our division of the company on the call frantically e-mails, calls, instant messages, sends up smoke signals and releases carrier pigeons to (Guy), upper manager coughs and goes, "Um, (Guy)? You're not on mute."

He quit a few weeks after that.

Lower manager, actually ended up be pretty good - both performance wise and in dealing with her employees.

• dirtydirty 93 Posts
    WMC 08 Miami at the OM records party.

I was just getting my set started with the group "the one" when this bangin asian chick that worked for absolut came on stage and just handed me a big bottle of vodka and said here...this is for the band. so me and my homie charles drank half the bottle during the set (which was 20 mins long) then after the set me and charles went with one of the OM peoples to lite up a tree and that shit had to have some extra additives because within the hour I was on my ass parked for the night on a couch in a corner of the clurb chucking on a plant. Couldn't move, couldn't get to the bathroom, couldn't function. I was stuck.

Luckily my peoples kept me from getting tossed from the club. I normally can handle my herbals but I guess the bottle of vodka didn't help. I've since sworn off excess of alky-hol at gigs.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    I tried to floss crust records on the strut recently.